Episode 86: The Seven Sea Knights

"We're here!" Marina said as she and Damien came to a stop

"We're here!" Marina said as she and Damien came to a stop. The three of us dashed over to them, causing Marina to jump. "So fast!"

Damien smiled. "You're just too slow."

"Hey, that's my line! No stealing!"

He snickered. "Really? When did you copyright it?"

"Uh, yesterday! Silas wanted to steal it too!"

Zafir snickered. "Liar."

Marina grumbled. "I was just kidding around! Way to ruin the joke, big bro!"

"It wasn't much of one," Damien said, chuckling.

She sighed. "Maybe Silas was right... I do have to work on my jokes."

Damien opened the door, revealing a sky-blue room with eight silver thrones around a ocean-blue table table. "Say, who is this Silas guy anyway?"

"Oh, he's a friend I made!"

If the guy were here, he probably would've denied that statement.

"Anyway, let's go sit down!" Marina said, running past him. She frowned. "Sadly, we only got one extra seat."

"The eighth one is for the ruler?" I asked.

Zafir nodded. He pulled up his arm, revealing a gauntlet. A blue-haired man wearing glasses appeared. "Can anyone tell me the conjugation of-" He stopped and turned around. "Oh, hey, Zaf."

"Daddy!" Marina yelled, tackling him.

"My little Mari!" the King of Mizu no Kin said, raising her into the air and spinning her around.

So, that man was the former Celestial King. He didn't seem like much, but looks and personality could be deceiving. After all, Kuroshi was like that. When I first went to the palace, he challenged me to a fight. Later on, he told me that out of the five, I held up the best. It was odd, though. Facing that guy felt familiar. That sensation helped me anticipate what he would do next, but it still wasn't enough.

"Off in your own thoughts again?" Mother asked.

I nodded. "Was remembering your old co-worker."

"Which one?"

I tapped Baldo.

"Wait, Takeshi?"

I nodded. "Yes. That guy was an odd one. Even without his mask, he was difficult to read. The revelations that followed after it came off made it harder rather than simpler."

Mother sighed. "He changed a lot."

"Talking about the cat boy?" a voice called out.

Mother smiled as she turned around. A woman in a white lace shirt and a deep-blue skirt strode toward us. "Long time no see, Mina."