Episode 64: Feelings about Home

"Here," Setsuko said, offering me a drink as I hammered away at a desk

"Here," Setsuko said, offering me a drink as I hammered away at a desk. All of the buildings were fixed, but most lacked furniture.

I smiled and took the glass of water. "Thanks."

She reached over and took the hammer away from me.

The princess was pretty good with a hammer. Probably from her days building and repairing homes in the Kaguya's slums.

"You two are still at it?" a voice called out.

We turned around around and saw Nico.

"Did Teresa send you to check on us?" Setsuko asked.

He chuckled. "No. I was actually looking for a sparing partner."

"Tere will get mad at you for asking us, but I'll be glad to join you," I said.

Nico waved his hands and shook his head. "I was actually looking for her. Thought she would be with you."

"She went with Zafir to check out the commotion earlier," Setsuko said, pointing outside with her hammer.

"Then she should be back soon. Eita's brother caused it," Nico said as he held the bag in his hands.

I sniffed the air. "Are those cookies?"

Nico took out a big cookie. "Yeah, wan-"

I snatched it from him before he could even finish asking.

He watched in amazement as I devoured  the cookie.

Setsuko sighed. "Your manners are truly worse than mine."

My face reddened.

"You better control yourself around them. Else what would you do if the enemy offers you a poisonous cookie?"

I sighed. "You're right."

Nico laughed. "Reminds me of..."

"Of who?"

He lowered his head. "My dad. He would react that way with curry."

"Sounds like big brother Dan," a voice called out. We turned around and saw Nate on Teresa's shoulders. The kid started to tear up.

"There, there. Don't cry, Nat. We'll find your brother and my dad. I promise," Teresa said as she shook her shoulders in an attempt to rock him.