Episode 78: Missing Child

Serra looked over his shoulder

Serra looked over his shoulder. "Something you need?"

"No, but you seem like you need a talk. Why are you out of it? Is it because of your dad?"

"Brother's stressed because of Daddy?" Conrad asked, glancing up at his brother.

He looked away and sat down on the couch. "I won't deny that I feel uneasy around him, but it's not Dad's fault."

"It's not? Then are you feeling sick?" I asked, putting a hand on his forehead.

Serra smiled and moved my hand away. "What's with you? You're acting like Tere and Taku."

"Serra, are you alright?" Teresa asked, running toward us. Taku followed behind her.

He sighed. "Not you two too..."

Yuko giggled. "That rhymed!"

Tere put her hands on her hips and sighed. "You can't actually expect us to ignore it, can you? Plus, it's not healthy to let bad feelings fester."

Sis had a point. I'd done some of that recently...

Conrad put a hand on his brother's arm. "Big bro, listen to her."

Serra sighed and looked down. "I want to go say my farewell to Sir Eiji, but I don't want to run into Eiichi." He clenched his hands into fists and closed his eyes. "If I do, I feel like I'll punch that guy, making a scene at an inappropriate place and time."

"But you're usually self-controlled," Taku said.

He shook his head. "I'm not as good at it as you might think."

I rubbed my cheek, recalling one of the punches he had given me. It hurt just thinking about it. I didn't even want to remember the feeling of being impaled by his earth spikes.

"Yeah, it might be best that you stay in that case," I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Think you're right. I don't want to detract from the funeral."

Conrad patted his brother's head. "That's alright. We can play more board games!"

"Board games? That explains all the pieces on the ground when I came in," Xime said. She'd been stand at the side all of this time.

Con pouted. "We were going to continue the game today, but clumsy Bro knocked them out of the table."

Serra sighed. "I already said sorry."

His brother smiled. "It's fine. We get another chance to play since you're staying."

My cousin smiled. "Yeah."

Ximena smiled. "I'll join you too!"

"You're not going?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I don't know Eiji like you guys do. Plus, I'm going to go watch the clinic for my grandpa later. He's going to the funeral."