Episode 40: The Emotionless Knight

*Hyosetsu*

Rosa gasped as a pink prism of light suddenly appeared near the ruins.

"What is that?" Yuko asked.

"I'm not sure, but I'm not getting good vibes from it," Tetsuya said as he stopped flying.

I glanced up and watched as Setsuko and Serrano flew toward the top.

Suddenly, the prism of light transformed into a giant pagoda. Oddly, the flames swarming around its base didn't even get near it.

"Serra!" Tetsu yelled. He flew upward.

"Stop! It's a trap!" I yelled. "As you said, that thing gives off bad vibes."

"Yeah, but I have to help my cousin!"

"He can take care of himself. I know mine can."

Tetsuya smiled and nodded. "Yeah."

It was surprising to hear him agree so quickly. I'd thought it was going to take me longer to convince him.

"Con is over there," Rosa said. She gasped as a portal opened. A dog with a rat on top of its head ran into it. "Aren't those your aunts?"

"Selena, yeah, but this is my first time seeing my aunt Rocio in her mouse form," Tetsuya said, scratching his head. "She's tiny."

"Seems they're running from your cousin," I said, eyeing at the black-winged white-haired boy.

"Oh, more guests," the possessed Conrad said as he flew over to us.

"Itou, I knew you were a snake!" Rosa yelled.

He laughed. "Well, yes. I am known as a serpent by many. Though, right now, I'm a cuddly bunny."

I scrunched my nose. "Stop that. It's disgusting."

He laughed. "Well, if it isn't the crybaby. I didn't expect you to join them."

I scoffed. "That me died with my dad. Now, release my brother's friend and the others!" I rushed at him, but he blocked with his sword. I pushed back against him, sending him flying.

He shook his head. "Sorry, but this body belongs to my soul."

I laughed dryly. "What soul? You're a demon! Demons have no souls!"

His smile vanished completely. "False. The soul is eternal."

I flew back and swung my sword at him, forming a blue energy wave. "Then you are in for a world of eternal punishment!"

Using the black sword in his hand, he blocked my attack.

"That's Zangetsu!" Tetsuya said, eyes wide.

"How can a demon use that?" I snapped.

"Yes, show me that pent-up rage you have stored inside of you."

I took a deep breath. "What pent-up rage?"

Itou laughed. "Don't pretend. Or is it that a weirdo like you can't read his own emotions?"

I shrugged. "I am not the best at it, but at least I don't toy around with those of others like a creep!"

He chuckled as he flew back. "You sound like Rosalba!"

"Don't say my name so casually!" Rosalba snapped.

Ifrit smirked at her. "Right, let that closed-off anger out. Both Yuko and you have demonstrated the purest of rage. It's all so beautiful! Though, Yuko's has to be the best I've ever seen."