Episode 67: Photo Album

*Kohri*

I stared at the album inside of the nightstand.

"Y-you sh-shouldn't peek at other people's stuff. I-It's bad manners," Camila said.

Naoru walked over to me and snatched it from me. "Indeed."

I laughed. "You thought that I was going to look through it?"

"You were staring at it intently."

He got me...

Naoru lowered the album and sighed. "How can one of the Seven Hill Knights be so unruly?" He turned away. "Then again, Rosalba is awfully childish. Even Serrano's lacking in his own way."

I leered at him. "You sound like my big brother."

He scoffed. "I take that as a compliment. Out of the five knights, he seems the most serious about his mission. He even took cleaning this place as a kind of training."

I chuckled. "Hyo's a bit of a neat freak to begin with." He would always badger me to clean up my room. Unlike him, I preferred a messy place. Felt more lively than his spotless room, devoid of stuff except for the occasional book on the bed or nightstand.

Naoru shook his head. "No. I just think you're too lazy to clean up."

I gripped my chest and winced. "Ouch! That hurts, you know."

He gave me the same deadpan look my brother usually gave me. "Stop playing around and continue cleaning. Camila and I seem to be doing all of it."

I glanced at Camila who had returned to cleaning Serrano's nightstand. "You're really into this. Are you into cleaning?"

She looked up and smiled slightly. "A-a little."

Naoru put the album on Serrano's pillow and rolled up the blankets into a wad. "You're very good at it. Clean up at home often?"

Cami lowered her head and fidgeted. "S-sometimes."

My eyes widened and my lips curled into a smile. Did Camila like Naoru? She seemed shyer around him compared to everyone else. But at same time more open, paradoxically enough.

Well, was best not to ask. Teasing a shy girl wasn't in me. Now, if it were her siblings I probably would've teased them. Especially Hideo.

"Done," Camila said as she stared at the mahogany nightstand. It was so shiny that one could clearly see oneself.

"You turned it into a mirror!" I exclaimed.

"H-huh? N-no. I-it's still clearly a nightstand."

"He doesn't mean it literally," Naoru said with a slight smile.

"And here I thought I was dense," I murmured.

Camila turned away. "I-I don't get out much."

"Sorry!" I said. "I didn't mean it that way. I tend to miss things a lot too. Like I blurt out things even when the timing is bad. Like right now..."

"Hi-Hideo does that sometimes too," Camila said with the voice of a mouse.

I chuckled. "My big brother is sometimes as bad as me too. Or maybe he is just without mercy."

"Reminds me of Father," Naoru said, nodding his head.

"Your dad was like that? Is that why you're blunt?"

Naoru turned away. "I meant the king. My dad was a playful guy. Sorta like you and Tetsuya."

Camila got up and placed a hand on his shoulder. "S-sounds like a fun person!" she said as loud as she could.