Episode 46: The Black Dragon Returns

"Say, Setty," Serrano said

"Yeah?" I said, snuggling against his back. He was fluffier than the premium pillows back home.

"First, stop that! Second, can you really not use your powers."

I rose. "About that-" I stopped talking, and instead ran a finger across his back and tapped it twice.

He jumped leftward as directed, narrowly avoiding a purple fireball.

I smiled. Seemed he managed to have my signals memorized. I had come up with them earlier to communicate during battle.

"Finally found you," Bylet said as he stepped forward. He cracked his fingers and formed a sphere of darkness in his left palm. "Dad is mad at you for what you pulled back in Xeleria. And so am I!" He dashed at us but Serrano jumped high into the air, avoiding his claws.

"Your dad is alive?" Serrano asked, incredulously.

Bylet snickered. "Father is a fox but like a cat, he is a man with multiple lives. I wonder if tigers also have multiple lives. You better hope so!"

The demon-abysmal shot the sphere at us.

Serrano swatted it toward the ground with his tail. He winced as parts of it were destroyed.

"Seems I overestimated my durability," Serrano said, wincing. Thankfully, it didn't take long for his tail to heal.

Bylet spread out legs and let out a growl. "Bring out your true power, tiger!"

"I can't," Serrano said. "This tower is preventing me from using my angelic abilities."

He sighed. "Wanted to defeat you at your full power, but seems I can't have that joy. Oh well, you're still going down!"

I jumped off of Serrano's back as soon as he touched back down.

With my index finger, I directed he go left, that I would go right.

The two of us flanked Bylet and charged at him.

The man in purple armor formed two new dark spheres and launched them.

Serra and I jumped at the same time, avoiding them.

Bylet's eyes widen as we closed in on him. He held up his hands and unleashed black flames on us.

Serra leaned his body back, narrowly avoiding the flames. I did the same thanks to zen mode.

Bylet gritted his teeth as he grasped our feet. Both of us winced as a stream of darkness poured out of his hands. Thankfully, he hadn't used his flames. Although, Serra might have been able to handle those better. Given his Kasai no Ki blood.

Serra whacked his helmet off with his tail and I followed up with a punch to his face.

Bylet recoiled and slammed his hands on the ground.