The sabotage with Laura McLaren

POV Narrator:

After the marriage between Laura and Bernadette the year 1993 starts to show up, this time Laura was determined, she trained since the end of the 1992 season until the beginning of this season, intensely, she was in the peak of magic power and physical strength, she had trained until the limits of her body, she could fly at even higher speeds than before, able to hold a whole race in a race broom speed, that without exhausting, she was focusing a lot in this part of holding and having enough magic for all the laps in a race, and she had enough and a little more. Laura really was with everything to become champion that season would be perfect, but they had things that would make it difficult, different of the previous year that the runner had 7 chances to use the manual mode of the broom in a race in case of breakage and finish the same, this time they were diminished for only 5 times and that would make the season even more difficult. Since in 1992 Laura suffered 6 breaks in races that she had to finish manually, this would leave her even further behind if the LEAF team didn't give her a broom capable of making her win races, things were complicated even for McLaren. They were less powerful but reliable orbs, but they were also easy to adjust, and if they got more powerful, the duration and reliability would decrease a lot, to the point of not being able to last a whole race without breaking, it was really complicated to find the best adjustment for the broom. With the Cavendish family things were going on, Daryl taking care of his daughters, occasionally taking them to Paul to have a look and she did this especially on race days to get Lucy to come back with her sabotage scheme.

Sunday, March 7, 1993, Australia

Unlike the other seasons when the start was in Brazil, this one was a little different with a start in Australia, Laura as usual got the Pole Position, it was the 33rd consecutive for McLaren, Lucy Watson came strong and so she qualified behind the Irish girl, that weekend Daryl hadn't got Paul's attention to take care of his daughters and he had to stay in Scotland taking care of the twins, With this it was a quiet race for Laura who managed to win the first race of the year in a race that only 6 runners were left after a heavy summer rain was falling over Adelaide, the race even so was not aborted and as she didn't need to demand much from the magic orb, the redhead managed to keep quietly the broom until the end of the race winning it and leaving Lucy in second position who was indignant that Cavendish didn't come to give the money for the sabotages.

Sunday March 21, 1993, Japan

This season it seemed that the races were reversed in order, this time the race would be in Japan and another one that didn't have Daryl's involvement, both because it was too far away and because she couldn't convince Paul to look at her daughters again. He was always giving the same excuses. In this race, Laura got the 34th pole position and the second victory in the season, this time leading the championship with 4 points ahead of Watson, who finished the race in the second position. It was another race that didn't force the magic orb to the point of making it more powerful for the competition, it was just a race in a very tight track in which McLaren was getting a good performance with the LEAF's broom that was very aerodynamic with a good downforce in curves.

Sunday, April 4, 1993, Portugal

For the first time since 1990, when Laura McLaren was not in the World Broom Racing Championship, someone took the Pole Position from her, a record has just been set of 34 pole positions in a row, something that is going to be impossible to break if it is not McLaren herself making this record and the reason was very simple, the track in Portugal was a high speed one and with that she was a little bit behind with only 100 thousandths in relation to Lucy Watson. Besides also being the race in which Daryl showed up at the hotel to help Lucy with the sabotages, then there was another concern around Laura that was the broom sabotage that was about to happen to the poor thing. And in the race it was very evident how the speed increased a little in Laura's broom and with that in lap 12 she had to abandon the race for mechanical problems in the magic orb and with that Lucy Watson tasted a victory staying on top with 26 points to 20 in relation to McLaren that had lost that race, but despite the frustration of the race and all the suspicion that someone tampered with the adjustment of the broom, she just said that she still had a whole season to race and try to win. Not only did Alanna Russeau also tie the Irishwoman in points in the race after a beautiful second place finish in the race, but the Scuderia Carlucci brooms were more superior than ever.