A disastrous Friday part 1

POV Narrator:

The first week of studies in Luna Nova went by, only the last day of that week was missing, which was a Friday, on that day the girls would enjoy their first weekend where they could go out among themselves, enjoy the day, but only after the two classes they would have that day. Laura McLaren was already having an idea of how things worked there and little by little a regret was rising in the girl about all that change in studying from Dublin to a place that was considered the best witch academy in the world, but it didn't seem so, it seemed that everything was made easy and that had that rigid environment and full of rules to pretend as if it was a place of class and height. Within two days of classes I was already demonstrating how Laura McLaren and Bernadette Cavendish were simply in another league regarding magic, part of this was also due to the fact that they were trained witches from childhood who highly prioritized magic. So they were even much higher in magical power than the whole class. In fact, they were even in the other academies, which made them very powerful witches, but there were still some that stood out beyond the pair, like the girls of the yellow team trio composed of Naomi Bem Asher, Eleanora Maria White and Velma Bernhardt. Besides April, who was Laura's friend and ended up being an extremely skilled witch, there were other groups of students who showed to be very intelligent, and were always together with the girls being the first to finish any task. These were Anne Dupont, Rosemary Vick, Lilian Dinkley, Aika Yuriko, Ling Xiao Min, Gabriela Alves, Scarlet Taylor and Raven Sinclair, all these girls were considered the weirdest and nerds of the whole class, just for being a little above the level of the academy, with the exception of Anne Dupont and Bernadette Cavendish who were from the upper class, the others were totally ridiculed for being more intelligent.

Friday, September 4, 1987

The long awaited Friday arrived in Luna Nova, the students mostly woke up early to get ready for the morning classes, as usual in the red and blue team's room, the two shy girls, Laura McLaren and Bernadette Cavendish woke up first and went to take a shower, so they could get ready for the classes by themselves. While their more liberal classmates were not so shy, that day seemed like it would be the last of a hot first week of school, the hottest of the week so far, the forecast was for a sunny afternoon, just on a day that would have physical education class.

In the morning classes were normal magical history classes with teacher Iris the magical history teacher who reveals to the whole class that she wore a magical blindfold over her face that looked like she had only a single eye, but it served to allow her to see better, since she was partially blind without that blindfold over her face. What made the girls impressed was that she revealed what she had under that blindfold. Besides her class being the most interesting, since she was a somewhat captivating and charismatic teacher, the class was very dynamic and went well, and also the teacher got along well with her students, she was another one who didn't want to pick on Laura McLaren, even more so since she only found it strange that she was drawing all the time in a book.

Drawing the girl's attention, until she noticed that it was a McLaren project of a racing broom following the regulations of the World Broom Racing Championship, with aerodynamic principles, something very detailed and explained, but it was still running away from the class that was about the golden age of magic, where the teacher told about the nine witches.

Laura POV:

Oh shit, here comes the teacher coming to get my broom projects... I will use them to sell to some of the WBRC teams in the future, I just hope she doesn't make me have to take them back to the board, something like that could be worth a good grade. She picks it up and starts looking at it, the blind little teacher haha.... I mean, poor thing, teacher Iris didn't do anything wrong, it's just that I'm too distracted by these projects and I'm doing too much besides just paying attention in class.