Bad deals

POV Narrator:

Laura was having nightmares after collapsing into a huge frustration for feeling helpless that she would never be able to see her wife and daughter again after the curse was cast on her, this same nightmare would still take a long time for her to fully wake up and touch reality to try something. At the Cavendish family home things were still the same, Bernadette had no idea that her wife was going after the cure at the moment, she only had an idea that it was a matter of time before she would be in the arms of McLaren again, especially since she knew of her victory in winning the double quadruple crown. Things in those years in Scotland were not the most optimistic in the world, even more so because even after Bernadette survived the sudden illness put on her by Daryl, she ended up being called crazy, by people in her work, by people around some of the meetings that Daryl arranged, that even though she was bedridden, Even though she was bedridden, men still showed up wanting Bernadette and Daryl made a point of calling suitor after suitor, she still wanted to go on with the whole thing, she was already extremely frustrated that her sister had survived and, on top of that, past the time limit she was supposed to die, which was already very strange, Some visitors even thought she was really sick during this time, but she said she really was, but it was just the curse Daryl had put on her and she said it was just her sister's coolness that she wasn't even having anything, that it was something psychological, that it was due to the lack of a husband after he abandoned his wife, which didn't make any sense, but for the people around her it did, so much so that they always said the same thing "get your sister a husband", which Bernadette hated, because she was forced to listen to this all the time, and she didn't want to have to submit to this at any time.

Saturday, February 7, 2004, Cavendish Family Residence, Weddinburgh, Scotland

It was a normal day at the Cavendish family residence like any other, Bernadette was waking up in the morning for another day that she was going to take advantage of her time off from work to go out a little with her daughter Diana, but she didn't expect that once again she would have another visitor, a rather unwanted visitor first thing in the morning, but before she went to see who it was and if she had a visitor, she checks her cell phone to see if there was any message from Laura and notices that there was none since the time she said she would see Harriet and Freya at noon the day before which was already creating a much greater concern in the head of Cavendish, because the wife is not one to take long to answer, but probably it was just another ordeal, so she relieved a little and was less worried about the possible situation of Laura McLaren, with this things went on as usual in the residence.

POV Bernadette:

Well, at least I hope Laura is ok, today is a free day, I can take Diana out for a walk and we can have some fun, but I'm still a little afraid, even more of meeting a known person, the way Daryl has already called every man here to try something with me, I don't doubt that some of them will show up here? The problem is also Diana, she is going to be 6 years old and is already much smarter about things in the world, if she knows that I am a lesbian maybe that could break her idea of me that I am waiting for Prince Charming, or that her father is a wonderful person that he is gone and I just want someone like.... Ahhhh... It makes me sick just thinking about it, please, just don't, I don't want to know this shit, even with my daughter I'm going through an erasure.... Even if she tells the story of the fertility stone, I doubt very much that in a few years she will believe even more that Daryl will start to do a lot in my daughter's head, along with the two girls... They have only gotten worse all these years, what I thought was in complete control and that Laura had taken very good care of them, the two just made sure to forget about them.... I forget these things and I go to get ready, I put some clothes and soon I leave the room, going towards my daughter's room and there I open the door a little and I see her playing with a toy broom that was with a toy "Laura" on it, I found so cute my little girl has admiration for my mother.