Nothing is perfect

The years were going by, 2002 was a very monotonous year for the girls that were just going on with their lives, then soon 2003 started and it was another very routine year, with Laura finally clinching a quadruple crown, the highest achievement of the broomstick competitions existing worldwide, with this she definitely became one of the greatest racers in history, with only 5 WBRC titles, which was far less than the greatest female racers in history, with this she was just a single step away from achieving the double quadruple crown by winning the Cairo-London Broom Rally once again, all that was needed was to just wait for the day to come, which would initially be February 1, 2004, and could stretch quite a bit as the stages went by. Chariot, Croix and Madeleine were at the peak of their careers, and the Australian was proving to be the most skillful of the three, winning another World Broom Racing Championship title, which made Chariot even more passionate about trying to win that title, After all she wanted to become champion by all means, so she started to train hard, with the help of her girlfriend, the two were training intensively to try to take the title from Madeleine and who knows, maybe in 2004 one of the two would become champion, since the brooms were well balanced. In 2003 all three finished in the top 3 positions of the championship, which showed a huge advance, especially by Croix who noticed a huge improvement in Lavoiette's broom. That season the victories among the three was much more distributed, being 4 for Madeleine, 5 for Chariot and 3 for Croix, and the Du Nord was the best runner in Salem, this was soon making Lucy Watson grow the eyes on the French, already thinking that she could be a stone in the way for her younger sister.

At the Cavendish family mansion things were going from bad to worse, with Diana starting to understand things better, she was already five years old, she was always listening to her 11 years old cousins bullying her, always sending the most offensive comments possible, mainly because the little one was getting interested in broomstick races and mainly another project that Chariot worked on together that was her favorite show, the "Shiny Chariot and the believing hearts", a cartoon made by the runner that showed the wonderful world of magic to children in a fun and cheerful way, it was quite a success among children who loved the messages that the cartoon brought, especially "Your magic is believing in yourself," the two girls kept ridiculing little Diana who ran into her mother's arms and the worst part was that the twins' mother was making fun of them, she was even laughing along with her niece's face. In the meantime Bernadette was also taking a turn for the worse, her health was getting worse as the antidote had shown it would, since it would follow the same line as the disease. But she couldn't be detected in any way, with this came also another offense, on Daryl's part, she started to put in her niece's head that her mother was crazy and pretending to be sick, so much that by the end of 2003, she was starting to get bedridden, she was very weakened, but she passed undetectable and her younger sister insisted that it was just something psychological, just not to traumatize the children and create even more the impression that she was crazy. Only one thing happened, something that was not supposed to happen. Bernadette was supposed to die in the end of 2003, she shouldn't have survived the curse that Daryl cast on her, which shocked even more the Cavendish that wanted so much to take the place of the leader, different from what was expected, she had survived thanks to the antidote that Laura got and so all the approach that Daryl had planned in case Bernadette died came crashing down, she still had a plan in case Bernadette survived, but she didn't imagine that she would really survive, her sister's death was just a matter of time, but nothing like that happened, Daryl Cavendish's plans were frustrated and so the leader of the family could come back to her senses, but she would still have to deal with her sister calling her crazy, but that was still the least of it.

Friday, February 6, 2004, London, England, Harriet and Freya's Residence

The year 2004 was the most promising of all, this time there was nothing that would stop Laura from finding the cure and continuing on her way to see her daughter again, this time things had much more meaning, she didn't lose her wife, she managed to save her life. And right away this was the necessary motivation to take a broom and fly fast in the Cairo-London Rally and thus break a time record, being the fastest to cover the huge distance of 5540 km of courses, showing that the love she felt for her wife was the strongest thing in the world. With this victory she rejoiced and celebrated more than anyone. Days later Laura decided to take the broom and go towards Harriet and Freya's residence to see if they would get the cure from the two witches and was quickly flying towards their house.