The 1994 Laura's frustrating season

POV Narrator:

After the fierce 1993 season, in which Laura and Lucy fought point for point in that championship, McLaren fought until the last race, losing by one point. It was an intense fight all year long, and the distrust in the LEAF team and in Watson grew even more, so much so that, because of that, the team declared it would only race until 1994 in the World Broom Racing Championship, This was obviously a fallacy, since they were earning almost half a million pounds for each point earned, this practically made Laura McLaren carry the team on her back and knowing that Elizabeth could lose the best racer that until then gave most of the money, it was announced the last year, even more because the Irish woman was becoming known by other teams, a good part of the grid used broom designs sold by Laura and the chassis were very efficient, teams that before fought to enter in the top 10 this time could fight for points and even eventual podiums, but even so the British team was too proud and they continued with an own design for 1994, still continuing with the Cossey orbs that were good, but they were not powerful enough, With the pre-season tests then Laura did the possible for the team to listen and improve the broom, what they even listened for part and with that the broom chassis was one of the best of the grid, it had an excellent aerodynamics, but what really sinned was the magic orb being too weak to hold the fast brooms of Scuderia Carlucci that were until then the fastest of the grid, they were way ahead of any broom, dominating the grid beautifully with constant constructors' championships.

The time was passing and soon the season of 1994 was giving the faces, Laura was much more discouraged than the normal, after all she gave everything to win 1993, training until the peak of magic power and physical force was very evident, but for the following year she was very discouraged and reduced a lot the trainings being a little less pumped and strong of what she was before, she gave a beautiful reduction in physical force, she even fell down a little emotionally, but Bernadette was an incredible wife and she put her up, After all it was not little what Laura did, even losing the championship, she finished second with a broom that was not to give even 10% of what she conquered, even more that it was a brilliant career that she got, a racer of her caliber in 48 races conquered 43 Pole Positions and 32 victories it was an overwhelming result still on top, she had much more victories in her career than Lucy Watson and Alanna Russeau and both of them had more titles than McLaren, so it was still an impressive achievement for the Irish girl.

Sunday, March 13, 1994, Sweden

Confident that she would win the fifth title and that the LEAF broom didn't do well in high speed tracks, Lucy didn't even ask for Daryl's help and neither Cavendish proposed to come and sabotage it, at the most the two talked a little bit in the Hotel and soon the Scottish lady went back home to take care of her children, since she had a lot of things to do. In the qualifying the pole position was Lucy Watson's with Laura starting in the third position, what they didn't expect was that Laura did a discreet race, she just waited for her luck and held the broom very well in the third position, but soon, little by little with the stop of the two that was spending much more the wings than the broom of LEAF it was noticeable that the tactical advantage was clearly of the Irish girl that finished the first race of the year in the first position and like this she had the most perfect beginning of the season of all, conquering 10 points and leading the championship, as always she was winning the first race of the year, Laura always had these, it wasn't something so difficult, what already gave a light livening up in the girl.

Sunday March 27, 1994, Japan

The second race of the year much further away than the first, this time in Japan and it would be a race that again Lucy underestimated too much the capabilities of the LEAF broom in a braked track and so Laura conquered the 44th Pole Position dominating beautifully the weekend and this time she didn't have Daryl's presence to ask for some sabotage, she never traveled far, so it was another race that Laura would have a guaranteed victory and that was exactly it, showing how the chassis of the LEAF broom was superior to the others in a more braked circuit and full of curves, she left all of them behind and showed that she was the best of the world in that race, getting this way to stay with 20 points and this way to increase the difference to Lucy Watson for 4 points in relation to the Australian.