Chariot Du Nord

POV Narrator:

The days went by, Laura came back home and soon she was traveling to Germany for one more event in the broomsticks Endurance championship where she won the 8 hours of Warsteinring, showing that besides being fast she is also a witch of extreme resistance, being able to run for hours in the German circuit, this way she guaranteed the contract to run for HSP team for the year 2000 in the Endurance championship and this way she continued to conquer not only one but two victories in the 24 hours of Ness. After this achievement she would go on to win the Salt Lake City 1000 miles twice, with everything confirmed for McLaren to win the broom racing triple crown in 2001 and to achieve the double treble crown in 2002, after that she would go after the quadruple crown and the most optimistic expectation is that she could start the curse cure in the year 2004, This way Laura McLaren wouldn't miss her daughter's childhood, and would be able to return once her nieces were in their early teens, before Daryl would start pushing his daughters to bully poor Diana, just to intimidate her even more, at the cost of nothing, just to intimidate the poor girl who doesn't deserve any of this. But it will not be about them that the chapter will talk, but about a girl named Chariot Du Nord.

Chariot born on February 20, 1984, is a great-great-great-granddaughter of Diana Cavendish III (1898-1936), which puts her with a connection to Laura's daughter, a very distant kinship after all. After an event known as the murder of Diana Cavendish III on August 11, 1936, at the hands of the witch Margaret Ford, the eldest daughter of the family, Adeleine Du Nord, was afflicted with the curse of the metal balls, just as Laura was by the hands of Daryl decades later. Adeleine didn't go alone, she went with her other mother Louise Du Nord (1898-1941) who passed the responsibility of caring for the other three daughters on to her sister-in-law Meredith Cavendish (1885-1950). Adeleine even had a happy and healthy relationship with Peter LeBlanc (1919-1940) a young Frenchman who lived near the town of Loperèc, where the Du Nord's lived, and even had a daughter named Anna Du Nord born on November 10, 1939. In 1940 Peter didn't even have a chance and was killed by German soldiers in a call to go and fight for France, but the army couldn't handle the German Blitzkrieg. Besides losing her husband, in the following year she lost her mother who committed suicide, all this in a space of only 5 years since she lost her first mother at the hands of Margaret Ford.

But instead of the family becoming more rigid and reclusive, with Anna becoming a conservative person and with Adeleine's fear of seeing her daughter have the same end that the lesbian mothers had, the eldest Du Nord never made a point of being intolerant, always letting her daughter like whatever she wanted, after those sad years came better years in the family, Adeleine worked as a policeman, Anna graduated as a doctor and soon had a daughter named Elliana Du Nord better known as Ellie, born on December 1, 1969. Anna did not have a very nice marriage and was divorced, but even so the family continued with an excellent relationship, until the year 1984, unfortunately Ellie did not know how to preserve herself very well and ended up dealing with problems of an early pregnancy and ended up becoming a mother during adolescence, Chariot grew up with all the freedom in the world, to be whatever she wanted, her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother were always giving her all the support and care, because they always prioritized her being happy instead of being perfect. Chariot wasn't the most skilled and powerful of witches, she didn't even know how to perform a verbal spell, but that was because her mother and grandmother never prioritized the use of magic, and didn't even teach the little girl about it. Adeleine at most showed her great-granddaughter magic, but never managed to make her perform any spells. But this all changed the day a certain couple came to visit the Du Nord's after a magic relic that only the Du Nord's possessed, and with that Laura McLaren's demonstration of magic ignited a desire that had not been seen for many years in the Du Nord family, and that was magic, not since Adeleine had the Du Nord family seen such strong magic and a willingness to use it, so the little Chariot was quickly placed in a local witch academy and was learning from the very beginning how to become a witch.