Harry

Niall and I reached the cafe first and headed inside. We chose a table for four over by the window that looked out on to the beach. Niall slid across one side of the table as I did the opposite side so we were facing each other. When Zayn and Liam reached the cafe they took a seat next to us so we could look through the menus for something to eat.

"What's everyone getting?" I asked

"There's so much to choose from." Niall answered licking his lips as the rest of us chuckled at his enthusiasm to eat.

"Think I'm going to have full English." Zayn answered and Liam nodded agreeing.

We all decided on what we were getting in the end and Liam went up to place our order. I decided to get a quarter burger meal, Zayn and Liam had a full English and Niall really did go all out. He got a burger meal like me and full English like Liam and Zayn then got a side of curly fries as well. I honestly don't know how the kid eats so much, he's skinnier then all of us.

We sat talking while we waited for the food to arrive. It didn't take long and when it did arrive we all looked gobsmacked at the amount of food Niall had in front of him.

"You sure you're going to be able to eat all that?" Zayn asked him and I chuckled.

"Of course he can. It's Nial.l" I laughed and Liam agreed with me.

As well all sat and ate, it was pretty silent apart from the odd moan of satisfaction coming from one of us which caused as all to smile or laugh. I noticed that Liam and Zayn kept exchanging glances between one another and couldn't help but think there was something between them. The look Liam would give Zayn was the same look he used to give me. I must admit a little jealousy came up inside of me because the breakup was recent, but then I felt a hand reach down and touch my knee. I looked across to see Niall looking at me.

"Are you ok?" he whispered so the others couldn't hear.

"Yeah I'm fine." I smiled and patted his hand on my leg.

The touch of Niall's skin on mine sent electric racing through my body. It was like fire burning up through my arm but a good kind of fire feeling. I gave him a genuine smile and pulled my hand back to continue eating as Niall did the same. Except he didn't remove his hand from my knee. He kept it firmly in place as he used his other to eat his pile of food.

Luckily the other boys didn't notice as they were too engrossed in each other to see anything else going on in front of them. As I continued to eat I kept looking up catching them looking at each other and after a while it began to make me smile. It was nice to see that maybe Liam had a thing for Zayn and that they'd be happy with each other. If anything ever happened that was.

I think having Niall's hand on my leg had something to do with the way I was thinking. Obviously the way I felt about him had me thinking that maybe I would have some kind of chance with him now he and Louis had split and I was no longer with Liam. But then my mind snapped back to reality and my heart sank. Niall wouldn't be interested in me; if he was he would have done something about it already!

We all finished our meals and paid the waitress behind the counter and left little cafe. The wind had picked up outside and I noticed Niall shiver as we walked up the road. Out of instinct I pulled off my denim jacket and wrapped it over his shoulders.

"What's this?" he questioned

"I saw you shiver," I smiled. "Where it, I have my jumper."

"Thanks Haz." he gave me a big smile.

We continued to walk a bit more down the path side of the beach. The tide was in and the waves were crashing from the picked up wind speed. We were getting back to the arced we started at when Liam spoke up.

"It's getting rather cold. Do you guys want to go back to the house?"

"Yeah sure." Zayn smiled

"I really don't want to go back yet, think I'll stay here for a while." Niall added.

I knew he was still upset about Louis leaving and if I'm being honest I don't want him to stay here on his own, plus it would give me the chance to spend some alone time with him.

"I'll stay with Niall, you guys go back." I told them

"You sure?" Liam asked

"Yeah go on. You go, I'll stay with Ni."

We gave Liam and Zayn hugs good bye and watched them walk down the road toward the taxi rank before turning to face the beach.

"Wanna go over there?" I asked pointing to a little jetty that hung a little over the water.

"Yeah sure." Niall smiled getting all excited to be close to the water.

We jumped over the wall to the beach and walked along the sand until we reached the jetty. Niall tried to climb up first but it was a bit too high for him. I reach my hands around his waist and lifted him up so his hands were able to reach a higher post. I grabbed hold and then pulled his legs up so he could climb the fence. Once Niall was up I jumped taking a good grip and pulled my body up. Once I was also over the fence Niall and I walked to the end of the jetty and hung our legs of the edge, the water wasn't too close to our feet which were good otherwise we'd be going home with wet feet.

"Hey Ni, are you ok? I mean I know you and Louis split but are you going to be ok?" I asked him concerned.

"Yeah I'll be fine. Its hard at the moment because I care about him but I think once he's gone and I no longer have to see him things will be better. Besides I have you, I'll always be ok when I have you." he smirked and slung an arm around my shoulder.

I leant my head down into his touch; it is sweet of him to say he'd be ok as long as I am around. It kind of gives me hope in that sense that maybe one day we could be something. A couple, an item, I don't know, something. I stayed in my position with Niall's arm over my shoulder as we started out to watch the horizon.