Harry.

Harry

Prating around at work on a Saturday afternoon was one of my favourite things to do; I loved working at the bakery. You always got to meet so many friendly people here and the staff were hysterical. I may be known around town as the young lad who works with the oldies in the Bakery but I don't care, they were a right laugh.

I'd just finished sweeping the floors and had put the broom back when I heard the bell for the door go indicating someone had come in.

"I'll be just a second." I called out to the customer.

I grabbed a crate of sodas from the back and took them with me as the drinks fridge needed filling up. When I got back out front I recognised the familiar blonde hair waiting for me.

"Niall. What are you doing here?" I asked him quizzingly

I knew Niall from around town and he occasionally popped in for pasties and sausage rolls. Well I say occasionally but it's more like every day, sometimes even twice a day. It was surprising how much such a small lad could eat and he never seemed to put on any weight either. Lucky bastard.

"I just popped in to see if I could put this up in the window," he asked showing me a piece of paper."Oh and could I borrow a pen?"

I picked up a pen and handed it to him as he began to scribble something on the paper. He just started sticking it in the window when he answered me.

"Oh it's just a flyer about flat sharing. I'm moving out of my place and I've been trying to hunt down some people to share this beautiful house I've found," he explained "I've had three lads phone me up already so I only need one more person then everything's sorted."

"Best take that flyer down then." I smirked

"Huh?" Niall looked confused

"I'll move in with you. I'm dying to move out and we kind of already know each other. So why not?"

Niall thought about it for a second, he just stood there and stared at me. If I didn't know any better I could have sworn he was checking me out, but I brushed it off. Niall wouldn't check me out.

"Yeah, fuck it! Why not." he finally shouted. "This is going to be great, cheers Harry. What I'm going to do is arrange for all of us to maybe meet up to see how we all get along before we live together."

"Sounds good man."

He gave me a cheeky wink and a smile then left. Well I guess I'm moving out. Suddenly I was filled with excitement and couldn't wait to get home and tell my mum. Although I don't have a clue how she's going to react. I hadn't said anything to her before about wanting to move out so this is going to be a complete shock to her. My shift was over once Barbra turned up, so I gathered my stuff together and made my way home.

I only lived a short walk away from the bakery so I put my headphones in and danced my way home. Every time I done this I would gain random stares from strangers in the street, but I didn't care. I was a happy go lucky lad nothing really fazed me. Listen to music made the time go by so much faster than it would have without, so I soon found myself outside my house key in hand.

I was just getting the key in the lock when the door swung open revealing my sister Gemma and my mum.

"Oh hey Harry you're home?"

"State the obvious Gem," I laughed "where are you going?"

"Were just popping out to the shops, won't be long." mum answered

"Oh but I wanted to tell you something." I moaned

There was a short pause as we all just looked at each other randomly. My laughter broke the silence before mum spoke again.

"Well come on then we haven't got all day." she chuckled

"Oh right yeah, I erm. I'm moving out!"

Both mum and Gemma's mouths dropped open in what I presumed to be shock. They were speechless. We all kind of stood there in silence for a while. Well this is awkward! I coughed to try to get a reaction but nothing, and then Gemma finally spoke.

"Awe our little Hazza's all grown up." she spoke in some kind of childish tone

"Don't call me that," I chuckled "And yeah I guess I am."

"Aw baby, I'll miss you when you move."

"I'll still visit all the time, I really don't think it's far." I explained.

After giving them the very few details that I knew, they were satisfied and happy, they'd both heard me speak of Niall before when I'd come home from work. He was in the bakery so often that we had some kind of friendship, so at least I wasn't going into this knowing nobody!