Liam

After sitting around at work doing tones of paperwork I had plenty of time to think about everything. I had time to think about Harry and what I was going to say to him, I had time to think about Zayn and the weird feeling I was having toward him lately. I had come to a couple of conclusions but needed to think more in depth about certain things before I took any actions.

I had just put all my paperwork for the day away in the right draws when the office door swung open and a mop of curls appeared around the door. He half smiled and let himself in, closing the door behind him.

"Hey." I greeted looking at him quickly then took a seat in my chair.

"Hi." Harry replied sitting in the chair opposite me.

Neither of us spoke at first and the room was filled with a deadly silence. I looked up from the desk to talk to Harry but he opened his mouth and spoke first.

"No don't. Let me talk," he told me and then continued. "First of all I want to say sorry for the way I spoke to you. I shouldn't have shouted and I shouldn't have made you feel like shit, we both done the same thing. But that's not why I'm here. We need to talk, well I need to explain."

"Ok then. I want to talk to you as well." I replied with a smile

"Ok well I'm just going to come out and say this. Please don't hate me Li. I like you I do, but us together as a couple I don't think is going to work. I like someone else and it's wrong for me to lead you on like this. I am sorry for feeling this way. It was never my intention to hurt you Li. I still hope we can be friends." he explained and I couldn't help but smile.

Yeah in a way he hurt my feelings but he was here telling the truth to make things better. Harry's a good guy and I don't want to lose him as a friend.

"It's ok Haz; you won't lose me as a friend. I understand why all this happened and I too am sorry for shouting and the way I reacted. I think we were both wrong in how we handled this." I laughed nervously and Harry laughed with me.

"So are we cool?" Harry asked and I nodded.

"Yeah were cool, pals yeah?" I said extending my hand

"Yeah pals." he smiled and pulled me over the table into a hug.

I held on to Harry over the table and squeezed him tightly. When we released each other I gave him a soft smile and Harry left the office. It is good to know that things were under the bridge with us. Harry was now free to be happy with this other guy he liked and I was now ready to think some more about other things going on in my own head.

My shift came to an end and I handed over the keys to my colleague who was taking over my shift. I exited the Gym and pulled my coat over my shoulders. I reached into my pocket and checked the time. It was later then id usually leave the Gym but that didn't bother me. I could go home and go to bed.

When I reached the house I pulled my keys out and unlocked the front door, just as I stepped inside I heard a door slam upstairs. It was quiet loud, like someone was angry. I kicked off my shoes at the bottom of the stairs and entered the living room to see Louis with his head in his hands.

"You alright mate?" I asked concerned

"Oh yeah I'm fine." he snapped his head up and looked at me.

"You sure?"

"Yeah I'm good. Just tired." he replied and stood up heading toward the stairs.

There's certainly been a lot of drama around here lately. Maybe it was something in the air, I don't know. But things needed to get sorted and quick otherwise us living together was not going to work out. I stayed on the sofa and picked up the remote, turning the TV on and flicking through the channels. I found Top gear was on so I decided to watch that as nothing else was interesting. I think I was sitting for about 20 odd minutes before Zayn entered the living room.

"Hey mate." he smiled sitting down beside me.

"Oh hey, how was your day? You're home late!" I replied

"Yeah long day, had to mark some tests so stayed late after school. How was your day?" he asked

"Yeah good. I spoke to Harry today and everything is cool between us. We're going to call things off and stay friends, I think it's best for the both of us." I explained and a small smile crept onto his face.

It was cute to see him smile. Zayn always did have the best smile. It was cute yet there was some mystery behind it, like you never really know what he is smiling about. I lifted my arm over the back of the sofa and made myself comfortable. Zayn then leant back to my surprise and rested the back of his head on my arm.

"I'm happy for you Li. I'm glad you and Harry are ok."

"Me too."