Zayn

Work was absolute hell today. To say I was hung-over this morning was an understatement, and then as soon as I got to school my day was instantly worse. The kids must have known that I wasn't right today, they must have sensed it or something because every class I had they misbehaved. If I told them to sit they would stand, if I told them to be quiet they would shout. I was glad the day was over so I could get home, take some painkillers and sleep.

I gathered all my stuff together and packed it into my backpack; I then slung it over my shoulder and made my way out the school. I had my denim jacket so the breeze wasn't too bad, just a little chilly. I held on to the straps of my bag as I walked the short distance home. This was another reason I was thankful to only work around the corner from where I lived.

When I reached the beautiful house I shared with the four other lads I pulled my key out my pocket and unlocked the door. I stepped inside and kicked off my shoes next to the stairs and placed my bag down next to them before making my way into the living room. As soon as I entered Niall shushed me and gestured for me to sit down next to him.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

"Liam and Harry are arguing about something." Niall explained.

I immediately shut up and tried to listen to what they were saying, but the doors were shut and all we could hear were muffled sounds and shouts. First Liam would shout and then Harry would reply in the same tone. I don't know how long this had been going on for but Niall seemed set on trying to figure out what was being said.

"How long they been arguing?" I asked quietly.

"About 20 minutes," Niall whispered back. "I don't have a clue what about though."

I stood up from my place on the couch next to Niall and crept over to the doors to the dining room. I pressed my ear gently against the door to try and hear things a bit clearer.

"I can't believe you." someone shouted

"You kissed someone." the other shouted back

Oh god! Did Harry know about me kissing Liam last night? That wasn't supposed to happen. I don't even know why it did and I'm not going to deny that I enjoyed it but I hadn't even spoken to Liam about it yet and here he was telling Harry we kissed. I pressed my ear back against the door to listen some more.

"I'm sorry it wasn't my fault."

Wait hang on! Liam kissed me not the other way around and why would he be apologising? Why were they shouting at each other about kissing other people and stuff? Then it came to me! The guy Liam was talking about last night must have been Harry! Oh god and then he kissed me. Oh this is going to be so complicated. Not wanting to listen anymore I made my way back to the couch and sat down next to Niall.

"So what were they saying?" he asked

"I have no idea, still couldn't make out a thing they were saying." I lied to the little Irishman.

Niall shrugged and gave up on listening to what they were saying. I un-paused his game and continued to click at the buttons on his controller. I grabbed the other one from the side and tried to take my mind off Liam and Harry arguing in the kitchen.

About half an hour later Liam appeared out of the door with a tear stained face and ran up to his room. Harry then stormed out after him and ran out the front door. This was not a good sign. I patted Niall on the head, handed him his controller and followed Liam up the stairs. He'd slammed his door shut so I had to knock.

"Go away!" Liam yelled but I wasn't about to listen.

I slowly opened the door and peeped my head round the corner. I saw Liam laying face down on the pillow his chest rising and falling quickly indicating he was crying. It was odd to see Liam like this; I don't think I'd ever seen him cry.

"Li, are you ok? What happened? I came in from work and there was shouting."

"Please just leave me alone."

"I can't babe not when you're like this."

I walked over to the bed and took a sit next to Liam's sobbing body. I placed my hand on his back and rubbed up and down trying to sooth him. I think it worked a little as his sobs soon quietened and he lifted his head.

"Do you want to tell me what happened now?" I asked and he nodded.