Turn of Events

LOUIS POV

I was sitting outside the warehouse eating my lunch when my phone rang in my pocket. I set my sandwich down and pulled my phone from my pocket. I swiped the answer button and placed the phone to my ear.

On the phone          

"Hello Louis the Tommo Tomlinson speaking." I laughed into the phone.

"Hello Mr. Tomlinson. I am phoning on behalf of the application you placed with us. I am please to tell you that you have the job."

"You're joking me!"

"No Mr. Tomlinson we are indeed telling the truth. So when are you able to start?"

"Oh wow erm. This is a lot to take on. Can I have a couple of days to sort through some things please." I asked

"Of course. Just give us a call back on this number and let us know."

"Ok thanks bye." I hung up the phone.

Oh my god. This is mental. I haven't even told anyone about applying for a new job. Not to mention I would have to leave the house and move away to do it. There's just a couple of problems with this. This is my dream job, working with cars and selling them on. It's all I've ever dreamed about! But if I take this job I have to leave the boys behind, I have to leave Niall behind.

I guess the best thing for me to do it talk to my current boss about all of this and tell him about the situation. I placed my phone back into my pocket and grabbed my sandwich taking another bite as I stood up and made my way inside. Justin was packing up some boxes and loading them on to the trailer as I approached him.

"Hey Just, I need to talk to you."

"What is it mate?" he asked             

"Well see the thing is. I erm applied for a job online. My dream job. And I just got a phone call saying I got it." I explained

"Congratulations mate, so when are you leaving us?"

"Wait hang on. You're not mad?"

"Naa, to be honest mate I knew you'd leave us eventually. Most people do."

"Oh right." I replied looking to the floor.

"You don't seem to happy about it." he asked

"It's not that I'm not happy about it, I'm ecstatic. I just, I don't know if I can leave all this behind. My life, my boyfriend." I explained some more.

"Oh I see. Well my question to you is do you want this job?"

"Yes. It's my dream job."

"Then there's your answer." he replied and patted me on the back and was on his way.

I stood there for a moment thinking over things. Justin is right. This is my dream job and I doubt another opportunity like this would ever come up again. I just now had to figure out a way of telling everyone. I have to find a way to tell them I'm leaving, I have to tell Niall. Oh god Niall. How am I going to leave him?

I spent the rest of the day thinking over everything in my head and I'd made up my mind on how I was going to handle everything. I would tell Niall about all this when I got home. The I will tell the other boys after that. I am going to take this job, I have to.

When I finally got home after a long day packing, stacking and putting away boxes I threw myself down on the couch and placed my head in my hands. It hurts so much knowing I'm going to have to break up with Niall, but maybe this is for the best I mean it's better to find out now then later down the line and then brake the poor kid's heart. Just as the thoughts re-entered my head about Niall the cute blonde entered the room.

"Hey Lou, how was your day?"

"Oh yeah about that. I need to talk to you about something." I replied with sadness in my eyes.

"What's the matter babe?"

"Well you see the thing is Ni. I applied for a job doing mechanics and they phoned me today offering me the job. It's my dream job Ni."

"Lou that's awesome. When do you start?" he asked

"You see the thing is Niall the job isn't down here. I'd have to move away, we wouldn't be able to be together." I looked down not wanting to see the sadness in his eyes.

"You what? You're leaving me?"

"Niall I'm so sorry. This is my dream job. There's not going to be another chance for me with this, I have to take it."

"So that's it? Where done, just like that!"

"Ni I'm sorry, if I could take you with me I would. But we've only been dating a month; things aren't serious enough between us. In a couple months you'll forget all about me." I explained trying to make it better before him. 

He lowered his head and avoided my gaze. I know how much this must have been hurting him, it was hurting me to. But I was saying the truth in a couple of months he'd forget all about me and probably move on to his next boyfriend.

"Ni please talk to me."

"I erm. I don't know what to say. I can't believe your leaving me. Leaving your friends behind. I can't deal with this right now. I have to go."

Niall jumped up from the sofa where he was sitting next to me and left the room. I heard his footsteps stomp up the stairs and his bedroom door slammed shut. I don't mean to hurt him, I really don't but I have to do this for me!