Louis

A couple of days had passed by since I told Niall about my job offer. He hasn't spoke to me since. I know it must have hurt his feelings me telling him that I was leaving him and going to start a new job elsewhere but he didn't seem to understand that I needed this in my life. All the other boys are doing the jobs they love. Niall teaches kids to play guitar, Zayn teaches English at the school, and Harry loves working at the bakery and Liam trains' people. Then there was me working in a factory packing boxes. This is my ideal job and I need to do this to be happy. I feel bad for hurting Niall but I just hope one day he can forgive me.

As it is the weekend I decided today would be the day that I tell everyone about my job offer and that I would be moving out. I don't want to put the boys in the shit moving out but I'm sure they could find someone to take my place if they need to. I gathered everyone in the living room and sat them all down. I could see they were all rather confused as to why I was gathering them up but Niall knew what was coming, I could see it on his face.

"Why are you gathering us like this Lou?" Liam asked a bit confused.

"Ok I know this seems weird but I need to talk to you all, well tell you all something." I explained and smiled at them.

I'm not even sure how I am supposed to say this. I'd become close with all these guys in the short time we'd lived together and now here I was about to tell them I'm leaving and I won't be coming back. It made me sad to think about it but I know deep down it's something I need to do.

"OK well the thing is I applied for a job, it's a mechanics job. My ideal job if I'm being specific. The other day I got a phone call saying I had the job if I wanted it. I do want it, I haven't told them that yet I said id phone them after a couple days when I sorted some things out. You see the couple of days are up and I'm going to phone them later and tell them I want the job and will start as soon as possible. I'm leaving guys."

I looked at them all one at a time as their jaws dropped. Niall stayed in the same position with the same expression on his face, a blank one. I know he's not happy about this but he'll get over it. I continued to look on at the other boys who were just staring at me in shock.

"You're leaving?" Harry eventually said.

"Yeah." I replied nodding my head.

"When?" Zayn added.

"As soon as they need me." I answered not really knowing the answer yet.

"Oh well congratulation mate." Liam said standing up and bringing me in for a hug.

Trust Liam to be the first to congratulate me. He's such a good guy, always making sure people are happy. I hugged him back and smiled warmly as we pulled away. When I looked up Harry and Zayn were standing behind us ready to hug me too. I pulled them all into a group hug and then we all pulled back again.

"Better go make that phone call then Lou." Niall spoke from the sofa.

"I guess I better." I answered giving him a smile hoping he was starting to understand.

I left all the boys in the living room to talk over whatever they need to sort out as I exited out the back door to make the important phone call. I pulled my phone out my pocket and dialled the number id saved the other day. After a couple of rings someone answered.

"Hello."

"Oh hi this is Louis Tomlinson, I'm phoning back about the job offer I got the other day."

"Oh yes Mr. Tomlinson, I hope you have some good news to tell us"

"I do indeed. I'd love to take the job. When do I start?"

"We'd actually like you here as soon as possible. Do you have accommodation up this way?"

"I actually don't."

"Ok well we can help with that. We can get something all set up for you and give you an advance to place down a deposit if needed." he explained.

"Oh wow this is so great, thank you."

"So can you get up here for say Tuesday?"

"I will make it happen. Thank you."

"No Mr. Tomlinson, thank you."

I hung up the phone and did a little victory jump. Zayn and Liam were standing in the kitchen laughing at me out the window, I blushed a little knowing it was in fact me they were laughing at. I put my head down and walked back into the house.

"No laughing." I pouted at them

"Well what did they say?"

"I have to be there Tuesday."

"Wow Tuesday that's quick."

"Yeah I know, are you guys going to be ok paying rent?" I asked a little worried about the predicament I could be leaving them in.

"Yeah we'll be fine. You go. Do your dream job. Just don't forget about us ok." Liam told me and patted me on the back again.

I walked passed him and back passed the living room. I peeped inside to see Niall laid out on the sofa with his legs over Harry's lap. They looked rather comfortable; who knows when I'm gone maybe things might develop between them. That would be nice. Harry's a nice guy, he'd treat Niall right. I smiled at them and walked upstairs to my room. For now I needed to sleep, tomorrow I would start packing.