Chapter Three Hundred and Thirteen: A Pawn?/Revenge or Friendship?

Meanwhile, Sabine and Rau survey the building where Ezra is being held, knowing that they are going back without hesitation for their youngest Crew Member!

Sabine: There it is...

Kanan: We're going back!

But Rau believed that Pawns like the kid were meant to be sacrificed, which Kanan reminded him that these were both his Student's life that they were talking about!

Fenn Rau: For Bridger? Pawns are meant to be sacrificed!

Kanan: Uh, excuse me, Rau, but this is my Padawan's life that we're talking about!

Sabine backs him up with that statement by stating that Ezra wasn't a pawn and that Ezra could take care of himself just fine! But Sabine knew that Phantom II had their Rebel Base coordinates on board, which is something she couldn't afford to let the Empire get their hands on!

Sabine: Okay... One, he's not a pawn! Two, Ezra can take care of himself... But the Phantom has our base coordinates on board... We cannot let the Empire get their hands on that!

Rau didn't care about that, disgusted that his Men fell to these traitors...

Fenn Rau: You think I actually care about him or your Rebels? (Scoffs) To think the Protectors fell to these traitors...

Sabine knew that the Leader looked familiar, as Rau recognized him from the same house that she was from and who he was!

Kanan: What's up?

Sabine: The leader... He looked familiar, didn't he?

Fenn Rau: He should! He's Clan Vizsla, like you... His name is Gar Saxon!

Sabine frowned, remembering Saxon's dishonour is what made the Empire put him in charge from what Ahsoka told her!

Sabine: Right... I remember now... Ahsoka said that he wanted to be our ruler, but he had no honour... That's why the Empire put him in charge!

But Rau still thinks that she's no better than him, still thinking that everything that happened here was because of Sabine and her Rebel Friends!

Fenn Rau: You think you're any better than him? Everything that's happened here is because of you Rebels...

Kanan wants to object, but Sabine manages it, knowing that they all need each other right now!

Kanan: But Rau--

Sabine: Kanan, please! Okay, look... You may not like it, but right now, we need each other! Help me get my ship, get Ezra, and then we'll all get out of here together! Deal?

Rau shrugged, be his guest!

Fenn Rau: You want to get yourself killed trying to rescue your friend? Be my guest! All I care about is making Saxon and his traitors pay...

But Sabine and Kanan both knew that now was not the time for that, knowing that Sabine was only after her friends, not revenge...

Kanan: But now is not the time for that!

Sabine: Funny, really funny! Can I tell you the difference between you and me? We both might have wanted out of a Clan life, but at least I didn't trade one Clan for another... I got something more!

Fenn Rau: Oh yeah? What's that?

Sabine: A Family...

Fenn Rau: What's the difference?!

Sabine: We have each other's backs! And I'm not after revenge! Just my friends...

As Sabine and Kanan both walked away to hear Saxon closer without getting caught, Rau frowned, not knowing who to trust anymore...