Chapter Two Hundred and Sixty-Seven: Rescue sabotaged!/Ezra makes a plan!

As soon as the TIEs fly into space, Instructor Goran orders the cadets to break formation and engage in a simulated dogfight... Their shots have been nullified but their scores will still register on the chart!

Instructor Goran: Instructor Goran: Squadrons, prepare to break formation and engage in a simulated dogfight! Your lasers have been nullified, but your hits will still register and be scored! Beginning on my mark... Three, two, one... Mark!

At Goran's signal, the cadets begin the combat exercise... Hobbie shoots at Wedge so that they won't blow their cover just yet! Sabine sighed, mentally telling  Ezra to hurry up already!

Wedge: Nice shot, Hobbie!

Sabine: Come on, Ezra... Hurry up... Where are you?

Just then, Pryce, Kallus and Goran. all see that the CR90 Corvette has arrived, with Ezra telling Sabine they're here to pick her up!

Agent Kallus: Sir, a rebel vessel has entered the system!

Ezra: Sabine? Hope we're not too late!

Sabine smiled, right on time! At Sabine's signal, the four cadets break off from the main group and fly toward the Corvette!

Sabine: Right on time... Come on, boys!

Wedge: Here we go. Hobbie, Rake, on me!

Unfortunately, Goran, Kallus, and Pryce detect this, making Pryce realize that they have their defectors now!

Agent Kallus: Four cadets have broken off from the main group toward the rebel ship!

Governor Pryce: We have our defectors...

Immediately Governor Pryce orders the four cadets to return to base, knowing that this was a warning, and their only warning!

Governor Pryce: Cadets, return to base immediately... This is your only warning!

But Sabine says something that she has been waiting to say since she got here!

Sabine: Negative, Command... You're gonna have to come and get us!

Seeing that Sabine and the others would not listen to reason, Pryce then presses a button which detaches the TIEs' Solar Collectors, leaving the TIEs floating in space, much to Sabine's horror!

Sabine: We've lost power!

Rake: Our fighters were rigged! 

Seeing that they had a chance here, Pryce then orders Captain Skerris to destroy one of the pods! 

Governor Pryce: Captain, destroy one of the pods!

Captain Skerris does so from his TIE Fighter, killing Rake in the process, much to

Rake!

Governor Pryce shook her head sadly in disappointment, she did warn them!

Governor Pryce: I warned them...

Kallus flinched since he had turned away to not look at scenes like this anymore, asking the Governor if that was really necessary!

Agent Kallus: Was that really necessary?

Pryce agreed that it was necessary as Kallus turned away from the scene completely, as she ordered Skerris to target the Rebel Transport next! 

Governor Pryce: Yes! Now, target the rebel transport!

Skerris and his TIE Interceptors targeted the rebel transport as ordered, inflicting serious damage to the top of the ship!

Seeing that her friends are in trouble, Sabine quickly tells Ezra to get out of here!

Sabine: Ezra! Abort! Get out of here!

While Ezra is about to ask Chopper to make the jump to Lightspeed and do, Eldra refuses to leave without her!

Eldra: No, Sabine! We're coming for you!

Kanan: We can't take another hit like that!

Eldra: We're not leaving her behind!

Finally, Ezra snapped at Eldra that they couldn't help Sabine and the other two remaining Cadets if they were dead!

Ezra: We don't have a choice, Eldra! We can't help her if we're dead! Chopper, get us into hyperspace now!

Chopper does, causing them to escape before they take any more damage!

Chopper: (Chopper Beeping)

As soon as he knew that they were safely away in space, Kaitis knew that they had to go back for Sabine and the other two Cadets who were still alive right now!

Kaitis: We can't run away even though we're not all dead yet! We've got to help Sabine and the others, even if her Clan taught her how to handle this kind of situation!

Luckily, Ezra knew what he was doing!

Ezra: Not to worry, you guys... I'm not running, I'm just covering my tracks by jamming our signal long enough for the Empire not to notice us!

Kanan: And long enough for Sabine to outsmart her captors and get her and the others out and for us to notice them fast enough!

Ezra: Exactly!

Kanan was impressed with Ezra's hacking, while Eldra asked when Ezra learned to use the Empire's own protocols against them!

Kanan: I'm impressed!

Eldra: Since when did you turn into a techno-geek who sabotages the Empire's own protocols and uses them against them, Ezra?

Ezra: Since Sabine taught me a thing or two about hacking into the Empire's databases!

Kaitis frowned, reminding himself to never get on Ezra's bad side anymore!

Kaitis: Yeesh... Remind me to never get on your bad side!