Chapter Two Hundred and Sixty-One: Meeting Wedge... Breaking Protocol!

The next morning, Sabine (who has the com designation TIE-SS36) was on a simulated patrol... She was soon contacted by her wingman TIE-SS25, who told her that she could call him Wedge... Sabine then identifies herself as Ria Talla, remembering the code name that Ezra had given her before she left on this mission!

Sabine: This is TIE SS-3-6 on patrol at .149, awaiting wingman!

Wedge: Copy that, 3-6... This is TIE SS-2-5! You can call me Wedge... What's your name, cadet? I'm Ria Talla...

Instructor Goran then reminded them both to only use their com numbers as the simulation started up!

Instructor Goran: Don't break protocol! Comm numbers only...

Wedge: Copy that, Command...

Instructor Goran: Comscan is tracking rebel ships entering Sector 2... Move to intercept!

Wedge: Acknowledge... Let's go, 3-6!

Sabine: Right behind you, 2-5!

Wedge: You have anything, 3-6?

Sabine didn't see anything until she saw Four Y-Wings!

Sabine: Nothing yet... Wait... There they are! Four ships coming in at .847.

Wedge saw them, before asking Goran what they should do now!

Wedge: I see 'em... Y-wings! Heavy shields and turret guns! Command, how should we proceed?

Goran ordered them both to eliminate all of the targets!

Instructor Goran: Eliminate all targets!

Wedge: They're splitting up, 3-6!

Sabine: Circle around to .4! I've got these two...

Due to her once being a star student at the Imperial Academy on her home planet herself, shooting TIES wasn't a problem at all for Sabine!

Wedge: Good kill, 3-6!

Sabine: One more and we're even, 2-5...

But after destroying the four simulated Y-wings, Wedge and Sabine are ordered to proceed to new coordinates and destroy a rebel transport! 

Instructor Goran: 3-6 and 2-5, proceed to the transmitted coordinates and destroy the rebel vessel located there!

Wedge: Yes, sir...

However, the simulated transport is heavily damaged and transmits an offer of surrender!

Wedge: No power readings... It's disabled!

Rebel Captain: Please, do not fire! We surrender! We're heavily damaged and have wounded aboard! Repeat, we surrender!

But when Instructor Goran ordered her to follow orders, Sabine refused!

Instructor Goran: Destroy the vessel as ordered!

Sabine: But Imperial protocol is to board the...

Instructor Goran: Destroy the vessel as ordered, 3-6!

Sabine frowned as she expressed dissent, Wedge quickly covered for her!

Sabine: Is breaking protocol part of the test?

Instructor Goran: What was that, 3-6?!

Wedge: Comm malfunction, sir...

Sabine: Hold on... New target coming in at. 17!

But before they could destroy the rebel transport, the Two Pilots both hesitated and were destroyed by the Ghost! Sabine was surprised by the ship's appearance in the simulation, to say the least...

Wedge: Look out!

Imperial Technician: Simulation complete! 

Disappointed as the simulation ended, Goran ordered the two cadets to exit their pods and report for debriefing... He had some business and an unscheduled visit to attend to right now!

Instructor Goran: Cadets, exit your pods... Report for debriefing!

Sabine groaned mentally, this is exactly why she left the Empire after her Family didn't stand with her after she found out what the Empire was really using the Weapons that she designed for...