Chapter One Two Hundred and Eleven: Trials of Trust?/He'll be fine...

On their lift, Kanan noticed that Ezra was upset about something...

Kanan: Ezra? What is it?

Frustrated, Ezra explained his feelings about how he fears that Kanan still doesn't trust him!

Ezra: Are you ever gonna trust me to think for myself? To follow my instincts? 

Kanan frowned as Ezra shrugged his hand off his shoulder, trying to explain that he does trust Ezra!

Kanan: I do trust you! (Sighs) Maul will say anything to get what he wants!

Ezra frowned, worried that he might lose Kanan's trust when he had just gotten Kaitis's trust back literally a few minutes ago!

Ezra: I know... I just don't want to lose your trust when I have literally just gotten Kaitis's trust back only a few minutes ago!

Kanan placed a comforting hand on Ezra's shoulder, before telling the kid of how much he trusted Ezra with his own life!

Kanan: Ezra... You are the closest thing, that I will ever have to a Youngest Son... But you're not the same naive boy fresh off Lothal anymore... You are going to be a Jedi Knight one day! And I realize that you are going to make decisions, that I'm going to disagree with... And you need me to be okay with that! As you said, trust goes both ways... 

But before Ezra could reply, the kid noticed that had bigger things to worry about!

Ezra: Look out!

Turning around as their lift reached its stop, Kanan saw what the kid was worried about! It was the Eighth Brother, who had used his feet to knock Kanan out cold on the ground! As the Eighth Brother landed, Ezra quickly activated both of his Lightsabers to defend Kanan! 

Eighth Brother: You're coming with me, Skywalker!

Ezra: Not in a million years, Eighth Brother!

But unfortunately, the Eighth Brother's relentless attacks were much too strong for Ezra's defensive reflexes, causing him to knock the young Jedi over the ledge! But as Ezra struggled to hang onto the ledge, the Eighth Brother started using his spinning Lightsaber trying to cut Ezra's hand off if he didn't give him the Holocron!

Eighth Brother: Give me the Holocron or die Skywalker!

But suddenly, Maul, Rex, Ahsoka, Eldra, Vos, and Kaitis all showed up, as Kaitis and Ahsoka helped an unconscious Kanan while Eldra and Vos fought the Eighth Brother off with Maul's help!

Darth Maul: Ezra!

As the Eighth Brother flew off, Maul helped Ezra up to safety! Kanan rubbed his forehead as Ahsoka helped Kanan up, and the Two of them saw that Maul was helping Ezra! Kanan and the others walked over to Maul, seeing that the Inquisitors had figured out his plan now!

Kanan: Looks like they've figured out your plan!

Seeing that Kanan has a point, Maul decided that they needed to alter it by spitting up!

Darth Maul: Then we shall alter it... I recommend that we split up scale the Pyramid from two sides... They will also have to divide their Forces!

But Kanan knew that Maul wanted to take Ezra with him before he sarcastically refused to that idea!

Kanan: And let me guess: Ezra goes with you? No, thanks!

Maul shrugged before Ezra agreed that it was a logical choice to split up!

Ezra: It is the logical choice... I say we split up... Trust me!

Kaitis agreed before he and Eldra both decided to take the lift next to them so that they could keep an eye on Maul!

Kaitis: Don't worry, Kanan! Maul won't harm Ezra while I'm around, it'll be perfectly safe... But the first sign of a Doublecross, and you're a sushi platter!

Kanan sighed before he nodded at Ezra before Maul told them to take the other lifts on the far side!

Kanan: (Sighs)

Darth Maul: Excellent, excellent... You will take another lift on the far side, we will meet again on the next terrace!

As the Four of them left on different sides, Quinlan knew that Maul was lying to them!

Quinlan Vos: Do not trust him...

Rex rolled his eyes, that was the understatement of the Year!

Captain Rex: Ya think?

Rex then saw that Kanan was worried about Ezra before Ahsoka approached him, reassuring her friend that Ezra would be fine!

Ahsoka: He'll be fine...

Kanan frowned, confused about how Ahsoka would know that!

Kanan: Yeah? How do you know that?

Ahsoka shared a knowing smile with both Rex and Quinlan, 'cause Kanan taught him right!

Ahsoka: Because... You taught him!

Kanan's shocked face turned into a soft smile knowing that they were right, Ezra would be fine if he remembered his teachings before they continued!