Meant Well

(Damn I thought I only procrastinate on my studies. I procrastinate on EVERYTHING😦)

~~~~~

How did this happen? How did everything end up this way? How did every single thing she thought was perfect crumble right before her very own eyes? And how could it not leave her alone?

Every night, it was the same nightmare.

Ever so nonchalantly she stared at the surroundings before her. The atmosphere was cold and lonely, but the ice and snow covering everything seemed like she was angry, as spikes had emerged on the ground. The spikes of her own fury, and the deep snow of her grief.

But she seemed unfazed. Her expression remained as though she was innocent, as though she never knew what happened, as if she hadn't caused any of this.

How does she keep being in the same place all over again? Why was everything iced? Frozen? What had she done?

Questions dawned her mind. She didn't even know how she ended up here. Was it a dream? Was she daydreaming? How does she even know she caused all of this?

Because obviously, she was the only one who could manipulate what was laying before her own eyes. She could thaw this if she wanted to, but then she remembered not one person was worth thawing everything for.

Not when everything is gone.

And from the distance, she heard the all too familiar voices of children, and a deep voice she knew almost all her life. Her heart skipped a beat, without even turning around to see who they were.

Everything was gone. Her family.

She ignored it. She must have been hearing things. If she turned around, she'd never see anything. She's never get to see them.

And so she did. Even if it didn't, she felt her heart stop. It was her family. It was her children, with their father. Her husband.

Her breath hitched, and she felt a lump forming in her throat. She saw fate rip them apart from her, she felt it leave the biggest scar she's ever had. She knew she had been dreaming, but it didn't matter.

She just wished she wouldn't wake up. She could stay in this dream forever. If she could get to spend a day with them. To get to be with her family. To get to embrace her children in a tight hug and to tell her husband how much she loved him while she strokes his brown hair. To know what it feels like to be happy again, to be that luckiest woman alive again.

Her breathing became unsteady as she looked at them. She never moved, she just stared at her family, how they were here, with her.

What made her not move a muscle even more, was their expression when they saw her. In that blue dress with a long cape, dappled with patterns of ice. Her heart sank to her stomach when she realized they were staring right at her..

...and they were scared.

Her husband quickly shielded their kids with his own body, as though he was ready to sacrifice himself to the hands of a monster in order to leave his precious children alone.

And it shattered her. Her world came crumbling when she realized what she'd done, how improperly she grieved and processed it, would affect them.

Tears started brimming her eyes, she took a step towards them.

"Jackson.. it's okay.." she assured, trying to be as non-threatening as possible despite what she'd done to the entire town of Arendelle.