Just Another...Game?

By thecomedicdeadpanner

Y/n L/n didn't mean to try out for the Gryffindor Quiddich team, instead it was her friend that got her into... More

I Don't Own Anything
The Game Of Confusion
Practice and a Crush?
Friends?
Game Of War
Oliver (Y/n's POV)
A Thousand Times Yes
And I Love You
Nightmares
Weasleys!
Bonding with the Team
The House Cup
I Want You
My Girl
Meeting His Parents
The House Tour
Meeting Family
Oliver's Past
Siriusly Oliver?
I'll Always Love You
The Ice Cream Date
The First Date
Football Morning
The Muggle's Game
The Silence
Sixth Year Surprises
A Bunch of Idiots
How To Be An Animagus
The Transformation
Hate Is Present
Details
Winter Break
Presents
That's the Score
There's Always Next Year
The Train Ride
Truth Comes Out
This Will be Interesting
Last Welcoming Feast
Bullied [Oliver's POV]
Preperation
The First Of The Games
Cuddles
A Werewolf's Tale
The Griffin And The Raven
A Surprise In The Night
Padfoot
Angst
A Rat Among Us
Wormtail
Hello...
Explanations
Tell Me A Story
Ending Year Seven
Parting Glass
The Flight
Lost
They're Free?
Braveheart
A Letter
I Promise
The Word Cup
Help
Where Are You?
It Wasn't That Bad!
Happy Birthday
Wait! Not yet!
Shall We?
Time Traveler's Loop
War Torn
Goodbye
Survivors
Don't Leave
The Book
It's Coming
It's Time
Thank You

After the Game

1.6K 55 15
By thecomedicdeadpanner

Oliver's POV:

"Am I really too hard on the team?" I asked Y/n.

"Maybe a little but I don't think it was the reason Harry fell off his broomstick. I think the dementors took there took toll on him," Y/n responds. "Now eat," she says shoving a bowl of porridge toward me. Reluctantly I ate and immediately felt a little better.

"But was I stupid for wanting to brave the weather and have a game?" I asked.

"I think no one could tell what would happen during the match. I think it was a bit risky and daring, but I think your team did the best they could," Y/n says thoughtfully.

"I just hope the team doesn't hate me," I say.

"You looked so stressed. Why?" Y/n asks.

"I was second guessing myself the whole game. I wondered if this game was the worst thing I could do for them," I said. I rake my fingers through my drying hair and my anxiety rises.

"Are you afraid that no one likes you?" Y/n asks the dreaded question.

"No, I'm petrified that no will like me. I also am deathly afraid that people who I love will leave me. I also have Monophobia. My bogart is you but it used to be an isolated room with no one in there," I respond.

"Don't worry, I won't leave. But I don't think the team gets that you're afraid of being alone. I think they think you're more afraid of losing a game," Y/n says. I nod. I remember when I was in the showers, Fred started roaring about how stupid I was to tell Harry to catch the snitch or die trying.

"I'm so stupid!" I moan.

Y/n's POV:

"Stupid? I think you're really brave. Ask Fred or anyone on the team to captain on any day, I dare you. I bet they can't do it as well as you," I say.

"No, they'd do it better than me," Oliver says dejectedly.

"You don't get it, do you?" I ask.

"Get what?" Oliver asks.

"Don't you get how much responsibility it takes being the captain of anything?" I ask. "Moreover, do you even know how brave it is to be the head of the best team at school! No wonder you have stress," I say throwing my hands in the air.

"Oh," Oliver says sighing. "I need a cuddle," he whines wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Did your adrenaline fade?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm at an energy low," Oliver says nuzzling into my shoulder.

"Okay, love, go rest," I say walking toward the exit.

"No, you're coming with me!" Oliver says latching onto my arm.

"Fine, but on the couch. I can't go into your room," I say.

"We're 17! I think it should be fine," Oliver says. I nod and reluctantly follow after him.

Once at the door, Oliver opens the door to reveal multiple broomsticks stacked on to a holder and a shining broomstick on the top most rungs. I recognized it was the one I gave him last winter. Percy comes in and looks at the two of us.

"Once you're done, burn the sheets," he said before he walked out. I feel my face heat up.

"Huh?" Oliver asks.

"Nothing, he said nothing you need to know," I say as the heat from my face cools down.

"You were blushing, what'd he say?" Oliver demands tiredly.

"More inappropriate stuff," I say laughing. Oliver sits on the bed and kicks off his shoes. He pats the area next to him. I sit down, and he leaps up and takes my shoes off for me.

"You know, I could've done that," I say.

"So? If I couldn't have done that, what kind of a man would I be?" Oliver asks.

"A man who doesn't have to do everything for me," I say. Oliver lies down and in a few minutes is fast asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.4K 64
A OLIVER WOOD X READER STORY -smut- (I normally do not write smut and i'm for sure not the best at it but I just wannted to try it I guess) -contain...
203 2 23
"Why would you make me fall for you if you didn't plan on catching me"? A transfer student from Ilvermorny starts her fifth year...
236K 7.5K 23
y/n l/n was on her way to Hogwarts after years of loneliness and unanswered questions. Never knowing her parents who died during the war, she has bee...
546K 15.7K 113
Eliza Dawlish shocked her Slytherin family when sorted into Gryffindor. Her love of Quidditch sparked an interest in a certain Gryffindor Captain, O...