George Weasley: Mumbles

Prompt: you say his name in your sleep
————————

George held you close as you slept. You hadn't planned on falling asleep at all in general. But on top of that, you were supposed to sleep in Ginny's room with the girls so you were bound to get in trouble for falling asleep in the twins' room instead.

George wouldn't take all the galleons in the world to wake you up and get you to the girls' room across the hallway. Instead, he watched you sleep peacefully and put a silencing charm on the room so any noise outside wouldn't wake you.

He was gently pulling his fingers through your hair while you slept but froze a bit when you softly muttered his name. It was but the faintest whisper yet in the silent room it sounded as if you had spoken it.

"I'm right here, lovely," He very softly spoke into your ear.

When you didn't reply he knew you were fast asleep and that you had said his name while sleeping. It made his heart so happy to see that you love him enough to dream about him. And even while completely oblivious, you're able to make him feel loved as well.

He continued to stroke your hair and whisper to you softly, especially when you'd mumble incoherent things in your sleep that he couldn't quite make out. He thought it was the cutest, most precious thing he'd ever witnessed.

"Is she... talking in her sleep?" Fred mumbled to his twin brother, sitting up and propping himself up on his pillow. "What has she said? Anything clear?"

"My name," George grinned the widest he ever has. "She said my name."

"In her sleep?" Fred returned his twin brother's smile. "Wow. How you feelin' Georgie?"

"Like nothing in the world could make me happier," He buried his face into your hair and sighed in content. "I love her so much."

"I know you do," Fred said. "Keep an eye on her, yeah? Make sure she's not having a bad dream."

"Always," George replied, then leaned down to your ear and whispered to you again. "I'll always keep you safe, my darling."