George Weasley: Sad

Prompt: you have a hard time after spending this Christmas without your parents for the first time after they passed away. lucky you've got someone like George in your corner.
————————-

It's 11:30pm on Christmas Day. You had spent the entire day with the twins in yours and their flat above their shop. You invited the trio and their lovers to spend Christmas together. You all ate wonderful food and had a huge gift exchange.

But... not only was this your first Christmas with George as your boyfriend, it was your first Christmas without your family. Your parents had passed during the Battle of Hogwarts last year, which made this year's holiday season very lonely for you.

George, who didn't want you to feel so broken and alone during this Christmas, made sure you were surrounded by friends who loved you and cared about you to ease the pain that this year was sure to bring.

But despite their efforts, you still had a hard time digesting the fact that you had made it through Christmas without your parents. So... while the twins were asleep, you were awake sitting at the dining table, shoving your fork into a plate of cold mashed potatoes with tears streaming down your cheeks.

"Love?" George's sleepy voice sounded from behind you. You didn't even turn around to see him. You kept eating your potatoes. Soon enough, as you had predicted, your boyfriend took the chair next to you. "Were you still hungry when we went to bed."

"No," You replied blankly.

"Okay," He was silent a moment. Letting you process things for a bit. "Was it... your parents not being here this year?"

This time you were the quiet one. For a long while. He took your silence as his answer. He watched as you finished the plate of potatoes and pushed it to the center of the table and looked down at your lap.

All it took was for his hand to press to your face and you broke. You kept looking down as your body shook with light sobs. He scooted back in his chair and made his lap more able to be sat on.

You straddled him and hugged his torso close to yours.

"I know. I know it's hard. I'm so sorry..." George whispered whilst rubbing your back. "I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I'm right here, love."

George sat there with you and just let you cry. He let you vent out all of your feelings and emotions that you had pent up. Because he knew.

"I love you too, Georgie..." You mumbled back faintly.

"Come on," He picked you up and carried you to the bedroom, shut the door behind himself, and set you down on the bed.

You slid under the covers of the bed and buried yourself into the pillow with a huff. Until George got in next to you. Because then you turned to him and engulfed yourself completely with his presence.

"I've got you, lovey. I'm right here with you. You don't have to do this alone."

a/n: sorry this ones so short. you're all gonna have to give me some grace. I'm exhausted from writing those mini series. but I'm about to write another one! so be ready for that! 😅