Dandelions :: George Weasley :: Last Part

It's Seamus. Seamus Finnigan walked in on you mid-breakdown.

"If you're just gonna stare at me then leave. I'll be expecting you to use this against me in class later to redeem yourself."

He was quiet a bit, but didn't leave. In fact he even walked closer to you.

"I heard you and Malfoy argue," Seamus told you. "Along with a bunch of my friends."

"What about it?" You snapped back, then sighed heavily and shook your head. "God, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that. I don't mean any of it."

"I had a funny feeling that you didn't," He replied to your apology. "I saw you laugh during class before you started insulting me. I heard how you put Malfoy in his place. Most of all, I've seen the way you look at Weasley."

"I hate hating," You admitted, your heart feeling weak. "I hate pretending. I hate being so mean. But I'm afraid that if- if I show who I really am I'll be a complete letdown for my entire house."

"Or you'd be the only halfway decent Slytherin," Seamus tried at humor.

"Halfway?" You glanced up at him, when you saw the slight smirk on your face, you couldn't help but laugh a little. "Okay, pyro."

"Hey! Well... you're not wrong," He shrugged, laughing at himself. There was a peaceful silence as you finally started to feel okay again. He nudged your arm. "Hey. You don't have to be a jerk anymore. Hang out with me. I'm sure if I introduced you to a few of my buddies, you'd redeem yourself. Then maybe I could help you get with Weasley."

Now you blushed. "I don't know... there's no way. I'm a Slytherin."

"But you're not the Slytherin everyone expects you to be. Faking it is exhausting. Don't do it anymore," He said. "Trust me. I would know."

You nodded and sighed, meeting his eyes again. "Okay. Thank you. And- I'm sorry. Again. For... all of the times I bothered you."

"It's in the past," He shrugged it off, then boldly made the move to rub your back. And the touch was electric. It did something to you. It was friendly. And careful. And supportive. So you leaned into him and placed your head on his shoulder. "Softie."

"Shut up."

For the first time, you relaxed. You tried to get used to being open again. To being yourself. To finally let someone in to see who you truly were. You knew that if anyone were to reject you, that at least you had potential here with your newfound friend Seamus and the Gryffindor house. You knew you had acceptance here.

Seamus walked you back to the entrance of the Slytherin Common Room. You were amazed with the fact that he could care less about who saw him with you. With a Slytherin. It showed you that he really did accept you. That he saw your potential.

You told him goodnight, and he told you to meet him outside of the Great Hall before breakfast tomorrow. Then you split ways to go to bed for the night. You fell asleep with a smile on your face and relief in your heart.

The next morning, you were the first one up and getting ready for breakfast. You slipped into a shower and a clean set of robes, then ran a brush through your hair and touched up your light makeup. You wanted to look presentable but not like you were trying too hard.

You waited for Seamus at the entrance of the Great Hall, nervously picking at your nails on your fingers. You also bit your lip but stopped immediately when you saw your new friend and a handful of his friends. Two of which being George and Fred Weasley. The situation seemed much too intimidating and you thought you'd get sick right then and there.