Fred and George: The Deal

Prompt: they help you after someone dumped you, but only if you consider their deal
——————————-

"Hey! Perfect, I was just looking for you! I wanted your opinion on- oh, now... why are there tears?" Fred said, standing next to you.

You were standing in front of the large mirrors in the Room of Requirement. After he dumped you. It was no shock, you saw it coming a mile away. You just weren't ready for it to hit you harder than you thought it would.

"He dumped me, Fred," You mumbled sadly, eyes watching your reflection as you tried to remain composed next to him. "He dumped me. After he promised."

You didn't know what you were expecting with him. His twin George is better at emotion than he is. But you weren't expecting him to walk away.

You bit your lip and nodded, looking down as you heard his footsteps leave the room.

"Yeah..." You whispered. "I'd leave me too..."

You decided to sit on the floor in front of the mirrors, asking yourself what was wrong with you that inspired him to leave. Was it your hair? The beauty marks on your face? We're your lips not full enough? Did you not wear enough makeup?

"We're on the floor now? Guess that'll have to do," Fred said, making you turn your head to see him and George come into the room again.

With food. Food. And a guitar?

"Fred told me what happened," George sat next to you on the floor after setting the food out. Fred pointed his wand at the floor and a blanket appeared under the three of you. "I knew we had to do something about it."

"I wanted to find Zabini and teach him a lesson. Tell him he really missed out."

"Stopped him before he got a detention. Had to tell him we'd be pranking him instead."

"Anyway, if you're all done being sad about it..."

"We'd like to show you that you don't need a boyfriend to have a good time."

"Guys," You puckered a bit but smiled when Fred started playing his guitar and George stood to his feet. His large hands reached out for your small ones.

"Come on. I can't dance with you?" He laughed. "Come on, then!"

George pulled you up onto your feet and started dancing with you. Fred played a happy tune on his guitar and smiled watching you dance with George.

George twirled you around, then pulled you back in so your chest was pressed against his. You looked up into his eyes as he grinned that classic Weasley grin.

"Hello, love," He said softly. "Your eyes are very pretty, thought you should know."

You blushed. "Thanks, Georgie."

"Alright then, the snacks aren't going to eat themselves," Fred set his guitar down behind him as you and George joined him back on the blanket. "We raided the kitchen. Had to dodge a few house elves but we made it out alright."

"I'd say so," You answered, taking a small bite out of a cookie. "Thanks guys. Really."

"Of course," George pulled a briefcase out in front of himself, he and Fred grinned at each other. "Plus, we wanted to show you some prototypes of products for our shop."

"I get insider access?" You gasped. "I feel honored. Best pranksters in the whole school want to share their product ideas with me."

"Why not."

"We trust you."

"You trusted us," George shot you a small smile from the side. "Let us make you laugh, yeah?"

"Okay," You finished your cookie and reached for another. "Impress me."

"Ah, only of you agree to our terms," Fred said.

"Oh? Enlighten me then. What's the deal?"

"You join us for a trip to Hogsmeade tomorrow night. We'll go to Honeydukes and Zonko's."

"End the night with a butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks?"

"Oh, of course. Why wouldn't we?"

"Guys," You bit your lip hard, trying your best to prevent tears. "I can't say thank you enough."

"Don't have to," They answered.

"Yeah, our pleasure really. Taking care of our favorite girl."

The twins spent the rest of the evening showing you all of their new product ideas for their joke shop. A wide range of tricky treats and funny little trinkets.

The snacks were gone in minutes. And before long- so was your sadness. Not only had you forgotten what you were upset about for a good long while, but when you finally remembered, it didn't seem so bad.

That maybe, just maybe, if you had friends like the twins with you, it would all be okay.