Fred Weasley and the Muggle Vacation |P3|

"Did he just ask to speak with your father?" Your mother asked once Fred left the house with your father. You poked around the corner to look out the window.

"Apparently? He looks nervous. What could he be talking to him about?"

"I don't know. We probably shouldn't be spying. Come on," Your mother gently pulled on your shoulder. You reluctantly turned your attention back to the dinner you and your mother had just finished up.

"I'm really excited for you and dad to try these cupcakes. They're amazing," You explained to your mother.

"How was it seeing Miss Mary Lou again?"

"Oh, I missed her so much!" You beamed. "We got to bake together again like we used to when I was young. Fred fixed her oven as well. Which was cool to watch."

"Yeah, I like watching your father fix things too," Your mom nudged you, causing your cheeks to burn red. "I'm playing with you. But I'm glad you were able to see Lou again. She's missed you."

"God, what could they be talking about?" You inquired, still stuck on the fact that Fred asked to speak with your father alone. "It's going to bug me now."

"I'm sure it will. But love, maybe it's just boring guy advice. Something guys keep between guys. You know, like when us girls talk girl stuff."

"I guess so," You bit your lip in thought, then turned back to your mother as she began setting plates out on the table. You grabbed silverware and helped her set the table.

"So, guess what I got?" Your mother opened the refrigerator and took out an expensive aged bottle of red wine. "I know you're not a beer drinker like the guys are. Neither am I. So I got us something for us girls."

"Whoah! How much was that?!" You laughed and grabbed the bottle from her and read the label. "This must have been a ton of money!"

"I don't care and neither did your father. Our girl's home finally. It's a special occasion in our books."

The door opened and in came your father and a red faced yet satisfied looking Fred. You approached him with a puzzled look yet he took your hips into his hands.

"What was all that about?"

"Just guy stuff," Fred replied blankly. "Nothing interesting you'd care about. But if you really must know- I asked him for lady advice."

"The legendary Fred Weasley asked another man for advice on ladies?"

"I did. I am a humble man," Fred nodded proudly, then you both laughed. "Okay that didn't help my case."

"It really didn't," You continued laughing. "No, but Freddie , you take such good care of me. You have. For years now. You really don't need advice because you're killing it."

"I really appreciate you saying that, darling, but every man needs a check in and reflection with another more experienced man from time to time," Fred explained. "I'm sure you can understand. You girls and your girl talk."

"Yeah, I guess you have a point there," You sighed and snuggled into his chest. "I love you, Freddie. More than you know."

"I feel the exact same way. I love you too."

"Hey, you two, dinner's ready," Your mother informed you and Fred, a gentle smile on her face as her eyes moved from yours to Fred's. "Your relationship reminds me of mine and my husband's when we were younger."

"Mom," You groaned and blushed furiously.

"Aww, why are you so flustered tonight, love?" Fred grinned cheekily.

"Hush," You pushed him away but snickered as you did so.

———————————————————————
a/n: super sorry for the insanely short part today. I've had little to no motivation for anything lately. so this was intensely forced. hope you like it though. the next part might be the last for this mini-series I'm not sure.