Fred Weasley: Not That Drunk

Prompt: thought of this cute lil one shot and had to write it down. Freddie gets a little too drunk.

"Fred, get off the table."

"It is not a table, love!" Your drunken boyfriend stood on the table in the middle of the common room. Then threw his arms out to the sides dramatically. "It's a stage!"

"Oh, god."

"And I'm going to sing you a love song, my darling!" Fred grinned at you.

"Fred! Get down! People are sleeping!!" You grabbed his hand and yanked him down off of the table.

Suddenly a dark glare filled his eyes when he looked at you and it intimidated you.

"You don't love me!!" He scoffed and pointed an unsteady finger at you. "You don't!! And I bet you're off shagging other men while I'm with Georgie!!"

"Freddie, honestly, we need to get you to bed."

"You don't wanna hear my songs," His voice cracked and his eyes filled with tears. The tall ginger plopped down onto the red couch and cried. "No one wants to hear my songs they- they only wanna see me p-play pranks. No one loves me!"

"Freddie, that's not true," You crouched down onto the floor next to him. He flipped over onto the cushion so he was facing you. His right cheek smushed by the cushion and his long hair partially covered his flushed face. Then the added tears in his big eyes topped it all with a cherry.

It took everything you had not to grab his face and kiss him. He looked too precious.

"Are you single?" He asked you in a soft voice.

"No, love, I'm not. I'm dating a rather handsome ginger man who owns all of me. Without a doubt."

Fred started crying, which was not the reaction you were expecting. "You're not single?! I thought you loved me!! You said you love me!!"

"I do!!" You laughed. "Freddie, I'm not single because I'm dating you!!"

"What?" He sniffled and sat up. "No- no I'm... I'm drunk. Don't lie to me. Pretty girls don't like guys like me. I'm- I'm a bad influence like everyone says."

You'd had enough of his self hatred and grabbed his face to kiss him deeply. His hands grabbed your hips on instinct and he softly moaned into the kiss.

When you pulled away he had the cheekiest little grin on his face. "Oh. Well. I guess we are dating then."

-the next morning-

"Honestly, love. I wasn't even that drunk last night. I don't know what you're on about," Fred snickered after you'd teased him about how utterly plastered he was the night before.

You're seated at the breakfast table with the rest of your Gryffindor friends.

"Freddie... you asked me if I was single."

"Okay? And?"

"When I told you I wasn't... you cried."

The group around you began cracking up. You couldn't help but giggle as Fred's face turned pink.

Shortly after though he laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds like me."

———————————————————————

a/n: I set this up before my series. I'm writing the second part I promise. I've just been swamped with schoolwork, physical therapy, and have had a raging headache all day. give me some grace loves! I'm writing it I promise! Thanks for all the love!