Fred Weasley: Flinch

"Why do you still trust him?! He's obviously not on our side!! I don't understand you sometimes!"

"You're one to talk!! Leaving me behind to deal with Umbridge so you and George could be known as legends at Hogwarts! You ditched me, Fred!!"

"You know what- ugh!!" Fred threw his arms up in frustration but the second his hands were raised, you flinched and inched away from him.

His eyes met yours and his expression of anger softened.

"Love..." He started cautiously walking towards you. "Did- did I scare you?"

"N-no. No, you didn't."

"You flinched," He frowned. "I saw you, you flinched. Love, I wouldn't ever hurt you. You don't... you don't think I would... do you?"

"No," You answered as firmly as you could but your voice was weakening. Your throat began burning as the emotions boiled inside of you. "I don't. Just... I just need to be alone right now."

"Love, no, wait," Fred reached out for you but he was too late. You'd already scampered off down the hall and into yours and his shared room.

He knew better than to push you when you were in an emotional state, so he left you alone. After a steadying breath and fixing his hair, he left the flat with a mission.

After calming yourself down in the room alone, you'd gotten the courage to leave it. But once you'd realized that you're alone in the flat, you slipped back into the dark room and plopped right back down face first onto the bed.

Where you spent the next hour and a half until you heard the front door open. The crinkling of a plastic bag being opened perked your interest.

So, you sniffled, fixed Fred's jersey you'd snatched from his dresser, and wandered out of the bedroom. Once you quietly padded into the kitchen, you saw a very guilty looking Fred setting a beautiful bouquet of orange roses in a glass vase.

It was settled in the center of the table, then Fred leaned a bag of your favorite chocolates against the base of the vase and sighed heavily.

You watched as your boyfriend shrugged off his jacket and unbuttoned the first few buttons of his white shirt. You met eyes with him when he turned around.

"Freddie..."

"Don't say anything," The ginger man shook his head and came a little bit closer to you. "I don't know what had gotten into me. I forgot that you had an abusive past and that getting upset with you is a trigger. I'm really sorry. I even got your favorite flowers and candy. I don't know what to say to help. If you don't... want to be around me today then you have full reason to."

"Freddie," Your soft voice spoke through tears. "I'm not scared of you. You didn't scare me. I'm okay, I just needed a while to settle down. But when I realized that I needed the safety you make me feel, is when I found out you'd left. You'd never hurt me, I know. You don't have to keep apologizing either."

Fred huffed in relief when you wrapped yourself around his toned torso. He placed his chin on your head and slipped his arms around you.

"I guess that look you gave me scared me... you looked like... like you wanted to run away from me... I thought I'd really fucked up. I thought I'd lost you then," He whisper rambled. "I can't lose you, love. I need you just as much as you need me."

"Fred, I love you. So much. You won't ever lose me because I couldn't stand leaving you. I trust you. You wouldn't ever hurt me, I know," You pulled back from the hug just a little bit. Further back enough for you to meet his gorgeous hazel eyes. "I love you. I'm okay."

"Okay," He managed a half smile and kissed your head. "So... maybe the flowers and the candy was... a little much, huh?"

"No, Freddie, I love them," You told him as your eyes marveled at the traffic cone colored roses in the vase on the table. "They're gorgeous. You wanna know why they're my favorite?"

"Mhm," Fred roped you back in and swayed you in a warm embrace.

"They're orange, so they remind me of you."

"Aw, darling," Fred blushed. "That's very sweet. What did I do right to deserve you?"

"You take care of me, protect me, and make me feel safe,"
You explained to him. "You've earned all of the love I give you and so much more."

"As you deserve all of mine."