George Weasley: Lost and Found

"Finn?! Finnley!! Finn, I don't wanna play hide and seek!"

"Darling? What's all the yelling about?" George entered the living room of the flat where you'd just looked up at him with tears in your eyes. "What happened?"

"Finnley's gone," You mumbled. "He must have gotten out last night."

"Oh, well, we'll find him. Come on," He grabbed his coat from the rack. "We'll go together. He's a big dog. He'll be hard to miss."

"Okay," After wiping your eyes you slipped on your shoes and coat and joined George. It's snowing, so you were able to see light paw prints on the cobblestone paths. "There! Those are his prints!"

"See!" George smiled at you. "Come on. I'm sure we'll find him. And he loves people, so we know where to look."

"Let's go to the Magical Menagerie first. He loves the shop owner and he's likely to get a treat there," You reasoned hopefully.

George pulled you closer to him in hopes of keeping you warm. Your nose and cheeks were already turning pink from the cold and he didn't want the freezing air preventing you from being able to find your beloved dog.

The dog you and George had raised together from a puppy.

"Morning," George nodded at the shop owner. You clung to his arm but less tight as you had outside. It's warmer in the shop. "By any chance have you seen an Irish Wolfhound trot through here? Our dog has run off and this is our first place to look."

"Aw, I really am sorry about that, you two. But no, I haven't seen good old Finnley 'round this way for a good long while yet. Might I suggest checking Madam Malkin's?"

"Oh, that's actually a brilliant idea," George tapped the front desk of the shop and nodded at the man once again. "Thank you for your help. Keep an eye out for him, will you?"

"Of course!"

"I'm worried, Georgie. That's our boy," You begun growing less hopeful than you were starting this trip. "I hope he isn't lost in the cold somewhere."

"Love, this is Finn we're talking about. That dog absolutely loves the snow," George explained as you and him entered Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Sure enough, it was rather packed full of women taking advantage of the newest sales on warm clothing.

You rushed around the store trying to find Madam Mallkin, the lady in question, but instead of finding her at the desk, she bumped into you on your way up there. Her arms were full of robes and slacks and she looked very stressed.

If you weren't terrified about finding your lost dog, you'd drop your plans to run a work shift for her to help.

"Dear, you look miserable! What's happened?!"

"Finnley ran off. We can't find him. George and I already checked the Menagerie. Have you seen him?"

"I have! Yes!" She began, causing your heart to race with hope. George squeezed your shoulders from behind when he finally pushed through the crowds of frantic women. "I saw him run off towards Eeylops but I'm sure he didn't stop there. Try Flourish and Blotts. There's supposed to be some famous foreign wizarding author coming to sign books. There are lots of people waiting to see him."

"Thank you!" You wanted to hug the lady but you'd barely gotten a thanks out before she was called for by a customer.

You and George left the shop and walked back down the opposite street of Diagon Alley. By now the snow had picked up and the wind was bitter and biting. George removed his hat and put it on your head to make sure you were warm.

An hour later and you'd checked everywhere. Every shop. Even the ones like Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, which wasn't even open due to the cold. So reluctantly, you'd gone back to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and the flat, looking and feeling the most defeated you ever have.

Then, you'd heard barking from the flat when you entered the shop. Puzzled, you and George exchanged confused looks and raced up the stairs. As soon as George opened the front door, Finnley bounded across the flat and leapt into George's arms. Finnley attacked his face with licks and barked to greet him.

"Finn! Bloody hell, where have you been?! You're not even cold!!"

"Cold? Why would he be cold?" Fred laughed, emerging from the hallway shirtless and in a pair of low riding sweatpants. "He was in my room all night. It's a bloody sauna in there!"

"Oh, thank god," You shed your coat and shoes and crouched down on the floor to hug Finn, who in turn gave your cold face many licks. "You scared me!! I thought you'd run off!"

"We've been out looking for him all morning. I think we hit every shop in Diagon Alley," George scoffed. "He's been here the whole time."

"I don't even care. He's here and he's safe and that's all that matters."