Fred Weasley: Unbelievable

Prompt: you tell him you love him for the first time
——————————-

"Love, I just don't see the point. Where in my life would the names of the constellations visible only in November be important?"

"Because you need good grades, Fred. Or your mother will have your head. At least send you another howler. We don't need that happening again."

Your boyfriend grumbled to himself about the first howler his mother had sent him. You had zero time to reflect and remember what the purpose behind it was before Fred started twirling his quill around.

"You're so easily distracted," You teased him and gave his shoulder a nudge. "Come on. We're almost done."

You two glanced back down at your homework and tried your best to complete it. Halfway through, Fred groaned in frustration and set his quill down.

"How am I supposed to know the difference!! They all look like dots on the page!! They're all the same!!" He saw that you had completed your assignment and sighed. "Love, you shouldn't have to waste your time on me. I'm hopeless. I'm never going to understand this."

"No, I'm gonna keep helping you because I love you and I believe in you. Come on. Look at this one."

"What did you say? Wait," He took your quill out of your hand and set it in the ink pot. "Did- did you just say what I thought you said?"

"That I believe in you? Yeah," You were teasing him now. "You're not gonna understand this if you don't try. Pay attention."

"No, no," He grabbed your face and forced you to look at him. He squished your cheeks when he grabbed you and he laughed. "Aw, your little cheeks. But no. No, you said- you said you loved me...?"

"I did. Because I do," You pulled back so your squished cheeks wouldn't muffle your speech. "I said what I said, Freddie."

"And- and you mean it? Cuz a girl like you?" He scoffed. "No way. No- I'm not good enough for you. I already get you in so much trouble."

"Oh shut up, Weasley," You grabbed his face this time and kissed him deeply. He sucked in a breath through his nose and was shocked at first, but eventually he sighed softly and melted into your lips.

"I don't even know how I did it," He pulled away grinning. "How'd I even get your attention like that?"

"You were you?" You answered. "You didn't need to try. You don't have to."

"Oh, now," His cheeks turned red. "That sounds like something out of a romance novel. Or something that someone would say under the influence of amortentia."

"The only thing I'm under the influence of is you, Weasley," You replied. "Now, with all of that aside, shall we continue with this assignment?"

"Wait, wait, wait, hold on," He pulled you into another passionate kiss and pulled back. "I love you too."