George Weasley: Fever

Prompt: "you're burning up" (or) you wake up in the twins' apartment with a horrible fever and George stays home from work so he can take care of you.

George was awake well before you were. He noticed your flushed cheeks and pale complexion and came to the conclusion that you were sick. So, he got up and made you a warm cup of tea with ginger and lemon in it to soothe some of the stomach pain you were bound to have. He brought it into the room the same time that you opened your eyes.

"Georgie?"

"I know, darling. You're burning up. But you've gotta stay under the blankets, love. Sweating is going to help flush out whatever's in your system. Here," He set the mug of tea on your nightstand. "I made you some tea. Are you hungry?"

"No," You sat up a little and brought the warm mug to your lips, taking a careful sip of the wonderfully sweet, hot tea that George made for you. It warmed your insides as you swallowed a few small sips. "This is really good."

"Yeah? I'm glad," He sat on the bed next to you. "I'm gonna stay home from work today. So are you. So I can get you through this. Because you likely feel horrible."

"Like I've been hit by the Hogwarts Express," You remarked with a bit of a whine in your voice.

"I got an idea," George stood up. "How about I run you a bath? A nice warm bath?"

"Georgie..." You set the mug down carefully, then swung your legs over the side of the bed. "I'm gonna get sick."

George kicked into action and practically carried you to the bathroom. He tied your hair up for you in probably the world's messiest ponytail as you threw up painfully. Once you had finished, George rubbed your back and flushed for you.

"I'm so sorry, love," George frowned. "You done, there? Back to bed?"

"Y-yeah," You weakly stood to your feet and let George help you back to bed where you laid back on the pillow and heavily sighed. "Georgie..."

"Mhm?" He didn't look up at you since he was focused on tucking you into the blankets.

"I don't want to get you sick."

"Oh, love," He laughed. "I could care less if you got me sick. I'm going to take care of you and if that means whatever's hurting you comes to me, then we'll be ill together and we'll get over it together. Right now you're my main priority."

Your heart melted at his words. Yeah, you thought, he's definitely his mother's son.

"R-run the bath," You told him. "But... but only if you'll be getting in with me."

"Really?" He smiled. "That sounds wonderful, love. I'll get to it right now. Do you think you'll need to get sick again?"

"No," You shook your head. "I think... I think I just got rid of whatever was in my stomach just now."

"Okay," He turned to the bathroom, pulling his shirt off in the process and tossing it to his hamper across the room. You watched the toned muscles in his arm flex with strength as he did so. "Keep drinking that tea if you can, love. It's a natural pain reliever for stomach aches. I want you feeling better."

You took another couple sips of the tea and sighed in contentment. The sound of the bath running filled the room and George's voice as he called to you from yours and his shared bathroom.

"Love, how hot do you want it?"

You set your mug down and got up. George was bent over the bathtub, his hand in the water as it came out of the spout. You hugged his bare back from behind and placed your hand under the water next to his.

"That's perfect, love," You told him, then pulled your hand out of the water and hugged him from behind. He turned around in your arms and gently hugged you back. His lips pressed against your head and he sighed a little.

"Yeah. you've definitely got a fever," He seemed to frown. "But it's okay. It won't last long. I've learned a lot of cool tricks from my mum over the years. We'll have you feeling better by tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Tonight. Watch. Just trust me," George promised. "No potions or magic needed."

"I think this bath is the perfect way to start," You told him. He shut the water off and made sure the tub wouldn't drain before you and him undressed and he climbed into the water first. Then held your hand to help you into the tub with him.

You laid up against him with your back pressed against his chest. He wrapped his arms around your waist under the water and held you close to him.

"Georgie..." You began giggling. "You forgot the bubbles."

"Bloody hell. I knew I'd be forgetting something," George reached for his wand on the small table beside the bathtub and pointed his wand at the water. Bubbles began forming from the water surrounding both of you. Scented with a gentle lavender mint scent that was meant to soothe your nerves when you breathed it in.

You closed your eyes and sighed, leaning back into him. "George this is perfect... I don't feel so bad anymore... right now at least."

"Really?" He smiled. "Good. I'm glad you're already feeling some relief. This just means that the other remedies I have up my sleeve should work perfectly."

You two rested in the tub together for a while longer before the water began to get cold, then you both got out, dried off, and dressed in comfy clothes. Well, halfway for both of you. George pulled on boxers and grey sweats but left his shirt off. You wore his quidditch jersey and underclothes.

You sat at your small vanity mirror and began running a brush through your dry hair. Thank god for the quick-drying spell. George watched you from where he sat on the edge of the bed. His eyes glazed over with admiration as he fell for you harder than he already had.

"You're beautiful," George told you. "Have I told you that yet today?"

"I don't believe so, no," You blushed at him through your mirror, admiring his messy wet hair and freckled cheeks. "Thank you."

"Ah, just pointing out the truth, lovely," George came up behind you and ran a hand through your newly brushed hair. "God, how does your hair feel this soft?"

"I take care of it," You smiled and stood up, then he pulled you in by your hips. "What?"

"Just falling in love with you all over again. And wondering how the hell I got so lucky."

"I've been wondering the same thing since you told me you loved me for the first time, Weasley," You admitted. "Also... I'm a little hungry..."

"Really?!" He jumped up. "That's good!! That's really good! My care is already working! Come on, let me go cook you something up. You sit on the couch there and relax. Don't worry about a thing. I've got it all worked out."

"I love you so much, George. Really. Thank you."

"I love you too, darling," He kissed your forehead. "You're welcome. Though, you don't have to thank me. It's my pleasure to take care of you, really."