Fred Weasley: Eleven Years

Prompt: "She's mine?" (or) eleven years after the war, you finally come out of hiding to ensure your daughter has an education at Hogwarts. Which meant Diagon Alley... and passing by a shop owned by your precious girl's father and twin brother.

"Come on, Soph," You urged your ginger daughter to walk faster. "We've got to get to Olivander's early!"

"But, mum! I'm tired! And hungry!"

"I know, love, and we'll get breakfast together soon I promise. I'm hungry too. But lets at least get your wand okay? So we have it out of the way."

Surprisingly, Sophie found her wand within the first few minutes of entering the shop. You said a hello to Olivander himself and spoke about wand core meanings before Sophie pulled you out of the shop. Her hazel eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Whoah! Mum, can we go in?!" Sophie pointed up at the tall, bright shop bustling with life. You were just about to allow her to go in, before you saw the name of the shop.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

And in no way were you going to put yourself through that. Nope. Because you remembered everything that came with that last name. All of the memories from your education at Hogwarts flooded your mind.

"Come on!" Sophie running towards the shop pulled you out of the daze you were in.

"Sophie, wait!" But it was pointless. She had already slipped inside. You groaned internally and took a deep breath. "Just go in... grab her... and leave. Don't make eye contact with anyone. In and out."

You gulped and opened the door of the large shop and had to duck immediately when a small firework whizzed out of the door just over the top of your head. You heard Sophie's giggling and followed it through the massive crowds of witches and wizards of all ages.

She stood with another group of girls laughing at a few small brightly colored fluff ball creatures bouncing around on the front register counter. The creature kept pressing a bunch of buttons on the register and it cracked the girls up.

"Blimey, George! Keep track of the Puffs!" You froze.

Fred Weasley.

You watched as the man you once loved grabbed the small pink puff and laughed with the girls.

"Little trouble makers. Don't let their cuteness fool you."

"Mum, look! Can I get one?! I promise I'll take care of it!" Sophie called out to you when she saw you. Which meant she gave up your location to the man you've been watching since you saw him.

Those hazel eyes you grew so fond of met yours and widened.

"No way..." His voice was a faint whisper as he handed the puff to one of the girls and came around the desk to stand in front of you. "I thought- wait... h-how?"

You watched as his eyes filled with tears of joy and he fought back a sob and yanked you into his arms. You wanted to push him away. You wanted to melt into the floor. You wanted the world to open up and swallow you.

But the way he was holding you...

"F-Fred..." You choked out, tears gathering in your eyes too. "Freddie..."

"You're okay... you- you're really okay. You're right here!" He pulled back, his arms still wrapped around your waist. He looked upon your face like he'd just found something important of his that he'd lost years ago. "Eleven years... eleven years I thought- I thought you hadn't made it out I-... whoah... I need to sit down."