Fred Weasley: Held

Prompt: you tell him you need a hug with no context
——————————-

You had asked Hermione if she had seen your redheaded boyfriend anywhere, because you needed him, so when she told you where he was, you went straight there with no stops.

Fred was talking with George, Harry, and Ron in the Great Hall about a prank he had planned against Umbridge.

This was primarily to get back at her for using her quill on you after you spoke against her in class to defend yourself. 

You told Fred it wasn't that big of a deal but he didn't listen. His overprotectiveness kept him from accepting any denial of his attempts for revenge.

But he wasn't expecting you to walk right up to him, push his crossed arms apart, and bury yourself into his chest.

"Love! You're just in time! I was about to explain- hey... are you alright?" His voice softened as his arms wrapped around you.

When you didn't answer him, he sat on one of the benches and pulled you into his lap. You straddled his thighs and snuggled into him.

"Darling, what happened? Did someone hurt you?" He asked, a bit of a protective edge developed in his voice. "Do I have to hex someone?"

"I just need you to hold me," You told him quietly, repositioning a bit to get more comfortable. "I just need to be held a moment."

"Oh, of course, love," He nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck. "I'm always down for a cuddle."

The other boys had left when they noticed that you just needed a moment alone with Fred.

"I love you, Fred," You mumbled softly. "I love you a lot."

"I love you too, my girl," He replied, then pulled back a bit. "Are you sure you're alright? You've never done this before."

"I'm just needy today I guess," You admitted. "I was feeling a bit low and knew I could count on you to make me feel better."

"I'm always here for you, love," He told you. "Anytime of day or night."

It was quiet a moment, till you laid your head on it's side a bit on his chest and started tracing his robes and tie gently.

"What were you talking to the boys about?"

"Oh. I successfully planned out the last few details in my prank against Umbridge."

"A way that won't get you in major trouble?"

"No, love," He kissed your head, a grin on his face hearing how much you're worried about him. "She won't even know it was me. She'll likely blame a first year and move on."

"As long as you don't get hurt or in trouble because of me," I said.

"I'm doing my duty as your boyfriend," He reminded me. "I'm just doing my job."