21. nationals

"we're gonna win this thing"

nationals was this week in chicago and the new directions were freaking out

nationals was this week in chicago and the new directions were freaking out. they just found out that mercedes was really sick and might not be able to perform with them. and that made them freak out as well. "what's going on? how bad is it?" mr. shue asked.

"her temperature is 101 degrees. given the fact that weezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either amazonian dengue fever or the h1n1 super virus."

"or i have food poisoning."

"we all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to chipotle. but mercedes tried some dive 'señora salvation.'" jade said.

this wasn't going to stop mr. shue for having their national win. "alright. so, here's what's gonna happen. mercedes, you're on bed rest, quinn, you're stepping in."

quinn shook her head as she was sitting down on the bed. "no, no, no. i can't can't dance that number. i can't sing it, either, not like..."

mr. shue cut her off. "the troubletones need you. and you're better than you think you are. tina, you too. you're in the troubletones."

"mr. shue, this is my last competition. i don't want to miss it." mercedes said. it was the seniors last competition and they really wanted to win and they also wanted to be there.

"amen to that, sister. that's why i'm putting you on a vitamin b-12 drip." sue told her. "we're flushing your system with pedialtye and i'm gonna fill that bathtub with ice and see if we can't get your ambient body temperature back down to normal. worked in jacob's ladder."

"all right, we all have our marching orders. let's do it."

jade had to admit, she was nervous about nationals this year. she didn't want to mess up anything for the seniors. she also wanted to win because it would mean a lot to her and the glee club. she was so caught up in her thoughts that she jumped when santana rested her hand on her back.

"you okay?"

"yeah, just want to win this thing." santana smiled and hugged the young girl. "we will. now, stop getting so anxious and let's practice before someone yells at us."

***