02. tina in the sky with diamonds

"IT'S TINA'S TIME!"

JADE AND SAM WERE LAYING ON TOP OF THE PIANO AS BLAINE SAT ON THE PIANO SEAT PLAYING SOME NOTES ON IT

JADE AND SAM WERE LAYING ON TOP OF THE PIANO AS BLAINE SAT ON THE PIANO SEAT PLAYING SOME NOTES ON IT. prom was coming up and it would be the last prom the seniors attend. sam was really hoping he was nominated for prom king this year. he also hoped that jade would be nominated for prom queen, wanting her to be her queen and not another girl.

"so how does it work with gay marriage?" sam asked, playing with jade's promise ring. "you take his last name or does he take yours, or...?"

"kurt warbler." jade murmured. "i don't like the sound of that."

blaine chuckled softly, looking at the couple who were still laying down. "jade, my last name is anderson, not warbler. but, right now, i'm honestly just excited that kurt said yes. anyways, are you guys looking forward to prom? i fell asleep last night while tina was texting me about her prom dress."

"i fell asleep when tina was texting me about wanting to be prom queen." jade said, chuckling.

"i guess i'm looking forward to it. i don't know, i just... you know, it's my senior prom, so i kind of wish i was going with somebody i really care about."

once he said that, jade sat up straight and gave sam a pout. "you don't care about me?"

sam's eyes widen as he realized what he had just said. sitting up straight, he grabbed jade's hand and kissed it. "no, no, no. i was just kidding. of course i care about you."

that made jade calm down a bit, giving him a quick peck before going to her seat. blaine rolled his eyes, not knowing why the couple had to be so cute. made him miss kurt a bit.

"come on, guys, we're back with the beatles!" mr. schue said as everyone cheered. "we're leaving the mop-tops behind and moving into their experimental years. now, the rubber soul album marked a turning point for the group, where they literally and figuratively let their hair down. now, the beatles were the biggest musical act in the world. the could have remained in their comfort zones, but instead, they risked everything to explore new musical worlds. they had something important to say, and they weren't going to let something as silly as the fear of failure get in their way way."

mr. schue was cut off when sue started to speak to make the announcements. "good afternoon, mckinley high. this year, the proms are being fused into one giant brundleprom."

what's a brundleprom, jade thought.

"and now for the moment that will crush 99% of your misguided views about your own popularity. here are your nominees for prom king and queen."