22. all or nothing

"I'M GONNA MISS YOU BRITT!"

IT WAS FINALLY THE WEEK OF REGIONALS, AND THE NEW DIRECTIONS WERE EXCITED

IT WAS FINALLY THE WEEK OF REGIONALS, AND THE NEW DIRECTIONS WERE EXCITED. they wanted to win the thing because for some of them, it was their last year competing at regionals. mr. schue wasn't as nervous as he usually was for regionals. he thought that his students had this in the bag and that they were going to win regionals.

"all right, guys. it's finally here. regionals." mr. schue said, as the students cheered and clapped. "i just found out, because of safety concerns related to late-season tornados, indianapolis had declined to host the competition. so! as defending champions, we're having regionals here in our auditorium."

having the competition at their school was kind of a big deal. also, everyone liked having the competition at school because they were more confident when it came to competing.

"now, because of sexting scandal at our lady of perpetual loneliness, their glee club, the nun-touchables, has been excommunicated by the new pope. they've been replaced by the world famous boys of ziegler prep, the waffle-toots."

"like cake farts?"

"they're very good." jade murmured.

"the hoosierdaddies are still the odds-on favorite. i mean, their lead vocalist, frida romero, is a tiny juggernaut of talent. we are in for the fight of our lives. so... let's get real. there comes a moment in every performer's life that defines him or her, sometimes for the rest of their career. this is our moment. we've struggles, we've endured, and now we must triumph."

jade was probably the only one that was nervous about competing against the hoosierdaddies because their lead vocalist was a great singer. that made her nervous because that meant she had to step up her game.

"i want us all to just take a moment to send some positive energy to one of our very own." mr. schue continued. "she has her final callback for funny girl today. rachel berry. so, let's all give a big round of applause to rachel, wherever she is."

***