08. hold on to sixteen

"trouty mouth is back at mckinley"

finn hudson had a great idea for sectionals

finn hudson had a great idea for sectionals. it involved bringing one of their former members back to mckinley. although he didn't know where that former member was at, he knew the perfect person who did. so as he walked up to jade who was at her locker, he tapped her shoulder making her turn around.

"hey, umm i know this might sound weird but, do you know where sam lives or works at?" he said trying not to give away anything to jade.

jade closed her locker and gave him a confused look. "yeah, that sounds weird. but you always do. i haven't talked to him ever since the musical." she said as finn noticed how a bit of sadness in her voice. "but he used to work at diary queen. last time i talked to him he told me he worked at a bar. i don't know if he still works there though. why?"

finn started to panic. he didn't just want to say he was bringing sam back. what if he didn't want to. that would break his best friend's hear even more. "oh, i was just wondering. you know, i haven't heard you talk about him that much."

jade sighed. "uh yeah. we haven't been talking recently. but hey, have you've seen my phone. last time i had it was during lunch when i was with you and rory."

finn knew where jade's phone was at but pretended no to know. "nope. i have to go so, thanks. bye. love you." he said as he hugged her and ran to the choir room. jade looked at him as he left very confused. she shook it off and began walking to her next class.

as finn entered the choir room, mr. shue was there. he noticed finn entered and started talking about sectionals. "sectionals is in our auditorium for the first time since 1963." he said as he turned around to look at his student. "too much talking, not enough looking for songs for sectionals. we need to do something upbeat."

"mr. shue, maybe we need to concentrate on out performer problem before we set a set list." finn said ready to tell him his plan. "i mean, at least the cheerios can dance. we need star power. we need sam evans."

mr. shue looked at him as if he was crazy. "finn, you do know sam transferred. his whole family moved. we don't even know where he is."

"yeah, but i know who does." finn pulled out jade's phone from his pocket and showed mr. shue. "they haven't talked recently, but she knows where he's at. he's in kentucky. it's just across the border from cincinnati. it's about a four hour drive from here."

"well, that would be great if you could bring back sam." mr. shue said liking finn's idea.

finn smiled shoving jade's phone back in his pocket, reminding himself to give it back. "just don't tell jade. don't want to break her heart even more if sam doesn't want to come back. she's been through enough this year."