12. 2009

"LET'S GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING!"

JADE REEDS HAD ONLY ONE FRIEND SO FAR SINCE STARTING AT MCKINLEY HIGH

JADE REEDS HAD ONLY ONE FRIEND SO FAR SINCE STARTING AT MCKINLEY HIGH. to be fair, she had been best friends with his particular person since she was born. he was a sophomore this year, while jade was a freshman. even if they where one year apart, they where still close hip to hip. they always acted like siblings, but what do you expect. they have been best friends since birth.

her best friend was none other than the quarterback of the football team, finn hudson. yes, she would receive many looks from other students whenever they would see the young girl talk to the tall boy, but she was already used to that.

middle school was somewhat the same. finn played football there as well, also being the quarterback. that made him popular. so every time jade would be seen walking next to finn, she would always receive looks like, why is she doing next to him?, or why is he friends even with her?

at first, it did hurt jade. she even started questioning those questions herself. but, she knew finn her whole life, and she knew finn wouldn't leave her because of how popular he had gotten throughout the years. he made sure she knew that as well.

so far, jade's freshman year was kind of lonely. sure, it had only been the second day of school and she still had a long way to go, but still. like mentioned, she only had one friend. jade isn't really a social person, so it's hard for her to make some friends. that was one of the things she was afraid of when she was going to start high school. as much as she loved hanging out with finn, jade knew she needed to find more friends.

the real question was how was she gonna be able to do that when she knew no one at this school?

as it was meant to be, jade saw a sign up sheet for the glee club. the one she saw yesterday as she walked down the halls with finn hudson. jade had already signed up for the club, but she was having second thoughts about it.

today was her audition actually, and she just couldn't help but think if she should even join. jade kept thinking about what finn said last night. about how that club might be full of losers and how she's not a loser. he wanted her to join the cheerios, but that wasn't what jade wanted. sure, she was a dancer growing up, but she loved singing more.

jade stood there at the sign up sheet for a minute, still in her own little world. what if this club actually does make her something big? she didn't know if she wanted to be a singer or a broadway star, but she did know that she wanted to sing for the rest of her life. famous or not, it didn't really matter. jade also wanted to have fun his year. her siblings kept telling her high school was the best four years, so enjoy it.

"you thinking about signing up for the glee club?" mr. schuester, the spanish and the coach for glee club asked the young girl, who was startled by the teacher. jade had met mr. schue multiple times. he was the teacher of all her older siblings. paul, gavin, and maddie said his class was somewhat cool, but not the best since the teacher really didn't speak well in spanish like their family.