04. pot o' gold

"rory flanagan; the foreign exchange student"

jade and santana were walking down the hall. santana was telling jade about how much she hated being co captains with becky. jade had zoned out of the their conversation. santana noticed it and nudged her. "okay, are you even listening to what i am saying?"

jade went back to reality and looked at santana. "sorry. kind of zoned out." santana sighed and stopped walking. "what's up with you. ever since the first day of school, you've been extremely quiet and keep zoning out."

jade looked down. but before she could even argue with santana, mercedes came up to the two. "hi, girls. how many solos did you guys get in glee club last year?" the two girls looked at each other.

"a few. one, 'valerie' and i loved it. i was also the lips in rocky horror."

jade smiled at her. "i only had a duet which wasn't even mine in the first place and i was the lead in rocky horror." mercedes smirked at them. "listen, if you two and i were in shelby's group, we'd get all the solos and duets. our voices santana, together, sound amazing. and i'm sure it would sound amazing if we sang together jade. plus, it's an all-girl group."

"why would we care about an all-girl group?" santana said being a bit interested. jade was also interested in joining.

"it's all about lady power all the time. i mean, shelby's a great teacher. i'm... i'm hitting notes i didn't even know existed. she gets me, what i have to give. it feels good."

"you know, honestly, i wish i could, but... somebody's got to look out for brittany." santana said making sure she wasn't giving too much of a hint about her secret. jade was the only one who knew she was in love with brittany. "i mean, that special place where she lives, yeah, it's beautiful, but." she sighs. "someone's got to help her cross the street. i could never leave her."

"get her to come with you." mercedes said as santana thought for a minute. mercedes then turned to jade. "uh... i don't know. i would love to join as well. but, if i join, finn might be mad at me forever."

"who cares what tubs says." santana says as mercedes nodded. "he doesn't control you right? so do whatever you want." jade looked down a thought about it. mercedes left and santana looked at the young girl.

"we are still not done with our conversation from earlier. tell me what's going on after cheerios practice?" she said as she left as well.

***

as everyone heard the news of mercedes leaving to go to shelby's glee club, everyone didn't know what to do. it even made tina cried. mike and jade tried to confront her, but it wasn't working well.