03. the quarterback

"WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!"

IF YOU SAY SO. those four words kept repeating over and over again in jade's head. if you say so. the last thing finn said to his best friend before sadly passing away. it has been three weeks since finn passed away, and jade wasn't the same anymore. she wasn't eating well, and she wasn't getting enough sleep.

those three weeks were miserable for her. how was she going to live without the one person who was always there for her, ever since she was born. how was she going to live knowing her best friend wasn't here anymore?

jade tried staying strong though, knowing that was something finn would like her to do. as much as she just wanted to stay home and cry all day, she kept hearing finn's voice in her head to get up and go to school.

when jade first got the news, she had thought kurt was lying. kurt was the one to tell her the news. but, once she saw carole at her doorstep, sobbing in melissa's arms, jade knew kurt wasn't lying anymore.

"jade, it's finn." kurt told the girl as soon as she picked up the phone. just by the tone of his voice, jade knew something was wrong.

the day finn passed away, was the day they were going to hang out. the first thing jade did was fall to the ground and scream, not wanting to believe it. she kept telling herself that he was still here and that she would see him at any second.

"please, let it not be real. let it not be real, please." she kept telling herself as she whimpered.

but as the seconds became hours, she started to believe that he was really gone and that everything was real. gavin, who was there, went rushing to his little sister's side, trying to calm her down. he knew it was going to be impossible though. his little sister just lost her best friend, her childhood best friend.

finn was jade's soulmate, and not the love kind. the friendship kind. he was the first boy she ever loved, and it wasn't even romantic. he was always there for her, for the day paul passed away, to her eating disorder, for everything.

now, she had to live with the fact that he was no longer here.

mr. schue decided to do a tribute to their quarterback, asking pass members and new members of glee club to join. jade sat on the floor by herself, not wanting to speak to anyone at the moment. she hadn't spoken to sam since prom, but sam knew that his girlfriend needed space. she was in pain and needed to be alone right now.

writing finn's name on the board made jade tear up a bit. she can still hear his voice and sometimes she will feel like he was standing right besides her. jade likes to think he's taking care of her. she also likes to think that finn is her guardian angel.