09. frenemies

"FRIENDS GETTING BACK TOGETHER!"

JAKE PUCKERMAN WANTED TO FIX HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JADE

JAKE PUCKERMAN WANTED TO FIX HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JADE. he knew he had made a mistake by ending their friendship. jake had already lost marley, knowing that she could never forgive him for what he did. he couldn't loose jade for that exact same reason.

when jade told jake that he was just like his brother, jake started to realize that he was becoming more like puck. he went behind marley's back and cheated, something noah puckerman would have done.

he didn't want to follow his brothers footsteps though, knowing that what he did was wrong. it not only affected marley, it affected jade. he needed to do something and he needed to do it now. jade was graduating this year and if she left without jake apologizing and becoming friends again, jake would most likely regret it.

walking down the hallway, jake approached blaine and sam. the two older boys noticed. blaine gave jake a smile, while sam just rolled his eyes. jake could pretty much tell sam hated him for what he had done. he couldn't blame him though, he hated himself as well.

"hey, blaine. uh, sam." jake said. sam just nodded as blaine kept smiling and greeted him.

"hey, jake. what's up?" greeting jake, blaine closed his locker. blaine nudged sam when he noticed that he hadn't greeted jake. sam rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms.

"hey."

blaine could sense the award tension between the two of them. he had known why sam was acting like this.what he thought about this was that sam was taking it so far and he had to make up with jake at some point. probably before graduation.

"okay, you know what?" he started to say. "sam, i know that you hate jake because he broke the friendship with your girlfriend, but you have no reason to be mad at him. that should just be jade."

"but he broke her heart even more." sam argued. he pointed his finger at jake, making jake back away. "do you not know what she's going through, man?! she lost her best friend, she may lose her father, and you going up to her and telling her that you guys shouldn't be friends because apparently she's all up in your business, just added to the list of things she's going through. so, congratulations jake puckerman, you manage to be on that list."

jake knew sam was right. jade was going through so much lately that him breaking off their friendship made it worse. jade wasn't just going all up in his business, she was just being the great friend she is.

"look, man. i get it that you're mad at me. i'm trying to change, i swear." jake really wanted sam to believe him, even if it meant that he had to argue his way to making him believe him. "i know your girl is going through a lot and me doing what i did made it worse. i would be mad if i was in that situation. but i'm trying to fix it. i don't want jade to graduate without me not fixing our friendship. if i don't do anything and she leaves with me knowing we might not ever be friends anymore, i'm gonna regret it."