20. props

"you're a really great friend, jade"

rachel berry had been trying to contact madame tibideaux ever since she chocked on her audition

rachel berry had been trying to contact madame tibideaux ever since she chocked on her audition. she left voicemails and lots of messages, but she hasn't receive an answer. all she wanted was another chance to audition to get into nyada.

"maybe you should try something else than calling her and leaving voicemails." jade said as she entered the auditorium. rachel jumped as she looked at jade. jade gave her an apologetic look. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean to scare you."

rachel let out a sigh and put her hand on her chest. "it's okay. just next time, warn me."

jade giggled and sat down next to rachel who was sitting at the piano. "so, no respond from madame tibideaux?"

rachel nodded as she looked at the piano keys. "i've left 14 messages. well, 15 now. i even left her a muffin basket that had an invitation to come see us perform at nationals in chicago. i don't know if she'll even come."

she rested her shoulder on jade's head as she frowned. jade and rachel never had a conversation like this before. rachel would usually go to finn, but since jade was the first person she saw, she decided to talk to her instead. besides, she would hear from finn and others about how great of advice she would give.

"maybe be patient with it. you never know what might happen. if madame tibideaux doesn't see how talented and amazing rachel berry is, then i don't know what's up with her." rachel smiled as jade ran her hand through her hair. a habit jade had when people would rest their head on her shoulder. "i believe in you rachel. and you deserve another chance. i mean come on, you're freaking rachel berry."

the two girls laughed as rachel put her head up. "you know jade, you're probably the first cheerio who's always been nice to me. i mean, sure quinn and santana may of said some nice things to me, but you were always nice since the day you first put on that uniform. even before."

jade smiled and pulled her into a hug. "you know i'm gonna miss you, rachel."

"i'm gonna miss you too."

***