02. i am unicorn

"mike and jade: the iconic dance duo"

jade was in the choir room sitting next to mike and tina

jade was in the choir room sitting next to mike and tina. finn and rachel had been even more into each other than last year and jade did not want to be sitting next to them. mr. shue came in and said, "alright, new directions. big news. as you all now, vocal adrenaline came in second last year at nationals."

"the only good thing to come out of the lost weekend." finn said as rachel hit him lightly. "besides us getting back together." jade chuckled softly at him.

"well, the boosters at carmel don't donate tens of tosands of dollars every year to come in second, so they fired dustin goolsby. and they're having trouble finding a new coach. it seems that no one wants to take on that pressure cooker."

"that means they're vulnerable." tina said as jade rested her head on her shoulder.

"yes, and if we work hard enough, we can beat them. which is why i realize that, umm, i can't direct the musical this year."

"no, mr. shue, you can't cancel the musical. my new york dreams depend on it." rachel said scared that the musical wasn't going to happen.

"i'm not canceling it. i'm just not directing it. my sole focus has to be in here. nationals, nationals, nationals! and it's not just me that's gonna have to focus harder this year. i've been too easy on you. so, everyday after choir practice, i am instituting a mandatory boot camp." mr. shue said as he made his way to the whiteboard to write something down. "so that we can work on our dancing. now, it's not for all of you. just the people that i think need help. like-"

finn shook his head and interrupted him. "finn."

"how did you know? and puckerman, hummel." kurt looked a bit offensive. "i must protest."

"you kinda have one move, kurt." jade said softly as she raised her head from tina's shoulder. mike nodded and said, "she's right. it's like this sashay." he demonstrated. "and it's super distracting."

"jones." mr. shue said. "what? hell to the nizzy no."

"you told me once that you were beyonce. you don't think she spends extra time in the dance studio? mike chang has offered to be my assistant and we start tomorrow and yes, puckerman." puck started to raise his hand. "it is mandatory." he put his hand down.

"hey, mr. shue." mike said and mr. shue looked at him. "i was wondering, how about if i wanted someone else to be the assistant as well. like, jade for example." he put his hand on jade's knee. "she's an amazing dancer and can totally help me and you teach them how to become better dancers."