22. new york

"new york, the city of love"

the new directions were finally in new york for nationals

the new directions were finally in new york for nationals. they all were excited to be there. jade was eating a sandwich that finn had bought for her. she was enjoying her sandwich until someone snatched it away from her. she saw mike take a big bite from her sandwich. sam took the opportunity to also take a bite from it as well. jade gave them both a death stare before grabbing her sandwich. "you guys almost ate the whole thing." she gave them a pout as they both laughed.

rachel came up to them with a big smile on her face. "guys, i have news. to celebrate our impending win at nationals; i got us all 13 tickets... to broadway's longest-running show ever." she showed them the tickets that said 'cats' on them. they all cheered excited to see it.

"you might want to check the dates on those tickets, rachel, because cats closed about 11 years ago." quinn said as everyone gave rachel a disappointed look.

rachel let out a nervous laugh. "he did seem crazy. he charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack."

jade had a look of disgust. she looked at her sandwich and immediately lost her appetite. "who wants it?" she asked as she turned to sam and mike. both of them started fighting over it.

***

as the new directions were walking to their room, jade had been meaning to check up on finn ever since he broke up with quinn. "so, how are you holding up since... you know, the break up with quinn." she said as she walked next to him.

he looked at her and sigh. "if i'm being honest, i kind of feel bad for breaking up with her. i mean, i know i still have feelings for rachel, but, maybe i was a bit harsh on quinn when i told her i wanted to break up. i mean, did you see the way she stormed off when she got out of the car."

"yeah. i saw. i'm surprised she hasn't attack rachel or done anything to get her anger and sadness out. i see she's been happy ever since we got here."

"yeah, maybe it's cause we are in new york. it's a distraction i guess." jade nodded and they entered their room. as everyone entered the room, mr. shue had to make an announcement on what they would be doing while they were in new york.

"all right, guy. this is your time. now, you are all on lockdown... till you finish writing our songs for nationals." jade sigh. she did not want to stay in a hotel room for hours just to write a song. "i want at least two solid verses by the time i get back."

"aren't you gonna help us?"

"i, um- i will be back... and read your amazing creations and give notes." he said stuttering. "but right now, i have to head to the theater to, uh, fill out some paperwork."