04. a katy or a gaga

"IF YOU QUIT GLEE CLUB, WE ARE DOOMED!"

WALKING DOWN THE HALL, JADE WAS STOPPED BY NONE OTHER THAN JAKE PUCKERMAN

WALKING DOWN THE HALL, JADE WAS STOPPED BY NONE OTHER THAN JAKE PUCKERMAN. she jumped a bit, not knowing he was standing right in front of her. seeing the look on his face, jade didn't know if he was worried or angry.

jake was worried, not angry. he knew after finn's death, that jade was no longer the same. she had lost a big part of herself, which made not just jake, but everyone in glee upset. mostly sam.

"how are you holding up?" he asked, linking arms with her.

jade looked at jake a bit confused, before answering his question. "i could be better. i mean, i already went through something like this three years ago, so it sucks that i have to go through it again."

knowing that this wasn't the first time jade had lost a person who meant so much to her, jake nodded. "you know, if you need someone to cheer you up, call me. sometimes you might get bored by big lipped blondie. so when you do, call me and i'll cheer you up by taking you to get ice cream or something."

"big lipped blondie happens to be my boyfriend, jake. and i never get bored of him. but, i will come and talk to you if anything."

jake smiled, giving jade a side hug before entering the choir room. jade went up to sam and sat next to him, before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"all right, big week, guys." mr. schue as he started today's lesson. "come on. gather around. i have here in my hand... drumroll, please... a secret list of the show choirs that we will be in competition with at nationals."

everyone gasped, excited to see who they were going to compete with at nationals.

"okay, let's see what we've got. we got the rust-belters from pittsburg, the thunder showcats from gainesville, and finally, from fort wayne, throat explosion."

hearing that they were going to compete with throat explosion made tina scream. "no! why, god?!"

jade had to admit, she did a bit scared when tina yelled, making her go behind sam. sam chuckled, wrapping his arm around jade's waist.

"throat explosion? that's a joke, right?" jake asked a bit confused.

"it's anything but." blaine said. "they're the new supergroup the show choir underground's been buzzing about. their budgets for costume, makeup, hair alone are astronomical. you guys have read that malcolm gladwell book. so, gladwell says you can't possibly master anything unless you've spend 10,000 hours practicing it. so students can't even join throat explosion without proving they've logged in 10,000 hours of show choir rehearsal. they don't even go to class. they just perform, every minute of everyday. they live their art. they know n boundaries. they're constantly pushing the envelope, living and performing on the edge. they're like mini lady gagas."