03. asian f

"i thought an a-minus was a good grade"

booty camp was still happening for the new directions. as everyone was on stage rehearsing and following mike and jade's steps, mercedes arrived late. "you're late." mr. shue said as everyone stopped what they were doing.

"i know. i overslept." she said as some gave her a confused look. "it's 4:30 in the afternoon." quinn said as she rested her arm on jade's shoulder.

"my alarm clock went off 30 minutes late this morning. kind of shifted my whole schedule. anyway, what's santana doing here?"

"i've re-sworn my allegiance to the glee club, without telling coach sue."

"mercedes, i'll catch you up." jade said as she walked to her. "five, six, seven. five, six." they began dancing until mercedes tripped over the trash can. "mercedes, you okay?" mr. shue said as he went up to her.

"my stomach hurts. i think i'm gonna be sick." mercedes said as she put her hands on her stomach. jade kneeled down to see if she was alright.

"why are you babying her? i mean, she can't do three steps without puking cause she ate at Quiznos before she showed up in this joint." santana said as she crossed her arms.

"mr. shue, you have to scheduled to the second right now. with school, glee club and booty camp, when else am i supposed to eat?"

"when the rest of us do." jade murmured as she got up.

"oh, like you eat!" mercedes snapped at her giving jade a glare. jade flinched a bit as she played with her bracelet and looked down. mercedes did have a point though. she did struggle with an eating disorder and was still recovering from it. finn came behind her and rested his hand on his shoulder giving mercedes a glare back. "don't yell at her." he said as mercedes murmured a sorry.

"it's not about eating. it's about attitude. sectionals are coming up, and if we don't give it our all..."

"i am doing my best." mercedes cut mr. shue off. "no, you're not. it's not doing your best anymore. it's about doing better."

***

tina and jade were walking down the hall to mike's locker to talk about songs he could use for his audition

tina and jade were walking down the hall to mike's locker to talk about songs he could use for his audition. "i'm honestly so proud that he wants to audition." jade told tina as they walked.

"me too. i'm glad he's coming out of his comfort zone.  but, i still don't get why you won't audition." tina looked at her. jade looked back and sighed. "i don't know. i honestly don't care what role i get if i'm being honest. i guess i want the seniors to have a chance on getting the role they want. i mean, i still have next year."