05. the role you were born to play

"KENICKIE IS HOTTER THAN DANNY!"

WALKING TO THE TIRE SHOP, JADE MADE HER WAY TO FINN

WALKING TO THE TIRE SHOP, JADE MADE HER WAY TO FINN. since he was back home, he decided to work at the tire shop again with burt. he was really good at it, well at least she thought. the only time she ever saw him fix a tire was when he fixed her wheelchair for when they used it for a glee assignment.

"it's weird seeing you do manly work. i mostly see you play video games or playing football." jade said, taking a seat that was close by.

finn rolled his eyes, getting up from the floor. "what do you want, loofus?"

"hello to you too." she said sarcastically. "i came here for two things. the first one is i wanted to thank you for what happened to me last week. i don't know what i would of done if you weren't there."

finn grinned at her, walking closer to give her a kiss on her forehead. "anytime. that's my job as your best friend, to keep you safe and to know you're doing well."

ever since the whole accident last week, finn had become more protective towards the young girl. he had promise melissa that he would keep her safe and protective. it was like being her bodyguard or something.

"the second thing is that... i wanted to check in on you." finn turned to jade, being clueless. "you've had a rough couple of months, and i thought maybe you could use a friend. my job is to make sure you're doing alright."

"i just embarrassed myself out of the army, lost rachel completely, almost lost you, and now i'm back in my hometown working in a tire shop." he took a seat next to jade. "figure maybe my life will change soon and one of the lifts will break, and i'll get crushed by a car. i'm sorry, jade. i appreciate what you're doing, you're a great best friend. i'm just kind of sitting back and looking at the next 60 years of my life. it just sort of makes me want to puke. but it is what it is."

"alright, it's my turn to give you the pep talk." placing a hand on his knee, jade made sure to look at him to tell him she meant every word. "do you remember what i said when i dedicated that song to you last year? that you were my best friend, my hero. i'm not gonna let you bury yourself in self-pity, finn. you're better than that."

"you know, i've heard that a lot all my life, jade. that i'm better than i think i am. well, look around. maybe i'm not."

"you just lost your confidence because you forgot your place. you're a creative person. you need to find an artistic outlet." getting up from her seat, jade gave finn a hand, which he gladly accepted. "come codirect the musical with artie. i mean, grease was your idea."

"i don't know how to direct a musical, jade."

"directing is about having an idea and convincing everyone around you to make it happen."